Chapter 36: The 2nd Encounter

"B-Broke their bond? H-How the hell did I do that!?" Asked Akari now extremely worried about what exactly she did to apparently break their bond.

"Listen Akari. I'll get straight to the point. Alex met the Elrics shortly after he had returned from his service in the Ishvalan War of Extermination. Keep in mind Alex was 10 and that was well before you two reunited, so Alex was still under the impression that you were dead. That's what allowed the three to get along so extemely well. The fact that all three were orphans." Said Roy.

When Akari heard that she immediately understood what she has done wrong as she sunk into her seat.

"Once you and Alex had reunited, at that point he had become so close friends with the Elrics that he knew telling them the truth wasn't the answer even though Alex genuinely didn't know you were still alive. It had worked out for the past few months, until today that is." Said Roy which only made Akari feel more worse than before.

"Don't feel bad about it. No one can blame you. You didn't know about it so cheer up as best as you can."

"How can I cheer up at all about ruining one of my son's closest bonds!?"

"Look. Alex and Ed have gotten into heated discussions before and they always get over it easily. I'm sure it'll be the same again this time. Just don't worry about too much." Said Roy as Akari slowly nodded.

"I know. It's just, I didn't think it be this bad. They nearly killed each other at the apartment room. Both were beaten up pretty badly. That and I gotta pay for the damages furniture." She said as Roy sighed.

"Geez. Didn't think they'd go that far. No worries. I'll help pay as well. Just go and ease yourself up for today." Said Roy shockingly offering advice for once as she nodded and thanked him for listening as she got up and left his office.

On her way out she had her attention be turned towards Alphonse who had approached her.

"I-I'm sorry for my brother's actions M-Ms. Akari." Said Alphonse a bit meekly as Akari smiled a bit.

"Don't worry about it Alphonse. Roy explained to me the whole situation so I understand how Edward felt about the whole situation." She said as she could tell Al still was a little uneasy about what had happened.

Akari had brought Al to a flower field nearby as she sat down with Al laying down next to her.

"Go ahead say whatever you want." She said which surprised Al.

"Back at the abandoned place, when we found Sloth, she looked exactly like our mom." Said Al which shocked Akari.

"It must hurt doesn't it? Fighting a creature that has your mother's appearance." She said as Al nodded.

"Me and Ed don't know what to do. We know we have to figure out some way to kill her, but, just the thought of technically killing our mom is just, weird." Said Al.

Akari smiled as she softly patted his metal head.

"I know you wish to regain your and your brother's bodies back. I'm highly confident you two will accomplish your goals. If you and Edward ever need help, come talk to me and I'll hear anything you have to say. Okay?" She said as Al nodded happily as he got up and thanked Akari for listening as he walkes away as she got up and walked back home.

As she walked her way back her mind was clouded with thoughts about how this issue could potentially not be fixed.

Even though Roy had said that it was gonna be fine, Akari deep down thought that this was something that couldn't be fixed so easily.

Either way, she hoped for the best as she made it back to the complex and entered her room, sleeping for the day.