Chapter 17: Break In

That fateful day had arrived.

It was the morning and they weren't gonna waste any time.

After getting dressed and getting prepared, Alex proceeded to head out as he opened the door.

The moment he stepped out, his felt a tug on his left arm and turned to see his mother.

"Is something wrong?" Asked Alex.

"Promise me you'll be safe out there." Said Akari.

"This is sudden. What makes you say that?' Asked Alex. He swear he never told her what was happening but turns out it was someone else who told her.

"Uni told me. About how you all are heading to this dangerous graveyard for a while. I just, felt the need to see you before you went off. I know I haven't really been around recently." She said being a little somber.

Alex sighed and simply reassured her. "It's fine. Being admin of the world must be tough so I'm sure your always busy managing the flow of time and stuff. It wasn't like I expected you to be a stay at home after coming back. You got a rule and duty to uphold."

Akari nodded but gave him a hug as he hugged her back.

"Just promise me you'll be safe."

"Mom. I can't keep promises. But I'll do my best."

Akari chuckled. "That's good enough for me."

With that, Alex was allowed to leave his apartment room as ge hopped onto his motorcycle and went on over to the Basilicom as everyone was gonna meet up there.

After a short walk, Alex made it to the Basilicom's living room as so far it was the usual four of him, Noire, Uni, and the other Alex. Kunsil was also there already as well.

Alex greeted them all after a couple more minutes of waiting patiently, the other CPUs arrived.

As they were all taking among(us)st one another, Uni grabbed Alex and the two walked off to another side of the room.

"Got something you wanna say before we go?' Asked Alex.

"Yeah. To be honest, I'm getting a little nervous. Worried." She said. "I just, keep thinking that somebad might happen again. First the other Alex had been kidnapped, then you nearly passed out, what now? Anything could happen. We've yet to see how much stronger Kurome is. Arfoire was able to handle use easily in her base form."

Alex understood the concern she had. While he himself had never interacted with Kurome until know, he had interacted with Arfoire before and knew that she was way stronger now.

This charge in had many ways that it could go wrong. Alex knew that.

"I'm not gonna bullshit you with some hopeful crap. I know very well this is a do or die ambush. What I can say, is to stick with your gut. Don't forcefully play as the hero if you can't. And do only what you can do best." He said.

It probably sounded a little cheesy since Alex knew he was never really good with advice.

Though Uni took it well as she kissed him on the cheek with a smile.

"Thanks for the encouraging words Alex. I appreciate them."

"One. It wasn't that good. Two. Don't kiss me unexpectedly."

"I can and will kiss you unexpectedly whenever I want."

The two stared at one another for a bit before chuckling and giving one another a quick kiss before Uni wished Alex good luck as he walked back to the others.