Chapter 1: Slow Beginning

Memento Mori: Remember you are mortal. Remember you will die. Remember your death.

Location: Lastation Downtown

Lastation was always a bustling, prosperous nation 24/7 and no other place bustled in Lastation more than it's main downtown section.

An area of the city full of many tourists destinations like many popular cafes, really expensive and fancy diners, the Lastion Musuem, and most prominently the Lastation State Park.

Rushing along the streets was the revving of a motorcycle rushing through.

On the bike was a male and a female.

A specific pair of male and female both wearing a helmet.

The bike stopped at a public changing room and removed their helmets to reveal themselves to he no other than Lastation CPU Candidate Uni and the main man, the protagonist of the series, Alex Mustang.

The two placed their helmets on the bike's handle and looked at the other as both were, oddly dressed up fancy.

"Wow. So thoughtful of you to make an impression on our date." Said Uni with a smirk as Alex chuckled.

"Yeah well I wasn't. My mom somehow found out about the date and immediately dressed me into this tux and combed my hair neatly." He said. "Though, not too long after I left my apartment I ruffled my hair back to normal. You however." He said noticong Uni's dress.

"Well, Noire forced me to wear this." She said.

"Noire actually cared for our date? That's an impossibility." Said Alex with genuine shock.

"Well, according to her words, she didn't really care about the date itself but she at least wanted me to look proper for a night in downtown."

"Lovely. Let's just go change already."

Uni nodded and walked over to the girls' side. "We may be a couple but remember, no peeking~." Said Uni with a smile as she stuck her tongue out playfully.

Alex just gave a small smile as he walked into the boys' side.

Soon a few seconds and the two were out in their usual clothing as they boarded the bike again and drove off.

After a couple of minutes of manufacturing around the traffic, the two arrived at their destination which was one of the top diners in the downtown areas.

The two had planned for this date a couple of weeks ago after quite the crazy week which saw a civil war breakout between the organization Alex worked for.

Thankfully it got settled with a good ending and now here Alex was fully healed after the war on a date.

The two were eventually seated at a booth that was next to a window with a good view of the street and downtown area.

As Alex looked out the window, he noticed Uni calling out for his attention.

"What is it?"

"It's almost our 2nd Year Anniversary going out?"

"Hm? Holy crap your right. Sorry for forgetting. I must've slipt my mind."

"I don't mind at all." Said Uni taking a sip of cofee that she had just received from the waiter. "A lot has happened to you over the past 3 months. I can understand if you forgot."

"Crazy to think that this started almost 2 years ago. Probably gonna sound cheesy but, I really did find you at a time where I needed it most." He said scratching his cheek awkwardly with a small smile.

Uni sat up and held Alex's hands with hers. "Cheesy or not I'm still glad I met you. And that we were able to get this far together. I mean, if I didn't appreciate you enough then you being a complete tryhard on our 1st Anniversary definitely did."

"Y-You didn't need to bring that up."

"Aww come on it was a year ago already. No need to be shy about it."

"Look I'd rather not revisit my awkward self okay?"

"Fine fine. Have it your way."

The two continued to have a casual talk before they eventually got their food, had a nice meal, and eventually paid and left the diner as the two got back onto Alex's motorcycle and drove away.

Alex led Uni back to the Basilicom entrance

"Hey Alex. Can I ask ya something?"

"Hm? Sure what is it?"

"You know what a harem is right?"

Alex heard that and immediately revved up his engine.

"H-Hey don't take off yet!"

"I want to after you just asked that."

"Will you just hear me out!?"

Alex sighed.

"Fine."

"Well, since you happen to have a lot of female friends, I figured that in case you ended up making them love you, that I'd be okay with it. As long as you ask me first that is."

"I barely struggled to get you Uni. My charm is a Rank 1. I doubt I'll find another person."

"I'll put my faith in you." She said with a smile as she kissed his cheek and walked back into the Basilicom.

Alex watched her walk in until he drove off.

As he was heading back home to his apartment he got a text. He parked off to the side of the road and read the text.

Becky: Hey babe. You free?

Alex sighed seeing it was one of his many friends, a breach guard of the Black Jacks' Base Kamno, and nicknamed the Irish Giant, Becky Lasses.

Alex: I just finished on a date. I'm on my way back to my apartment. Why ask?

Becky: Wanna come spend the night? I'm sure Akari won't mind.

Alex knew better than to accept an invitation from Becky since she, wasn't exactly the family friendly type, but, his poor decision making just had to bite him at that moment.

Alex: Sure. I'll head on over.

Becky: Awesome! I'll be waiting babe~.

Alex: Don't call me babe. I'm already taken.

With that, Alex took off towards Becky's house which wasn't owned by her but her best friend, Marie Weiss, one of if not the top nurse in the nation.

Alex was sure that Weiss was busy otherwise Becky wouldn't have asked him to come visit.

Soon, Alex eventually arrived at the place and walked up to ring the doorbell, except, the moment he was about to, the door opened as the Irish giant immediately dragged Alex in.

And he wasn't seen until the next morning.

Chapter 1: End