Chapter 39: Prodigy vs Prodigy

The day had arrived.

In just one day between the formation and eventual fight day, the build up had grown tremendously and immediately had spread nation wide as many civilians from Leanbox, Lastation, and Lowee had made their over to Planeptune to watch the highly anticipated fight.

The Planeptune Coliseum was initially seen as a risky thing to make as obviously fights wouldn't be hosted there 24/7 so there would need to be other amenities as well to keep revenue up and maintain the area.

Thankfully on opening day a ton of fun amenities were indeed added such as a virtual training simulator for travelers and adventurers as well as small little arenas for sparring and little PvP session all underground as a basement floor beneath the main floor which was the host for big money matches that were scheduled in advance.

In fact on opening day the main attraction was a Fatal Four Way battle between all 4 CPUs which wound up ending in a draw.

Regardless of the outcome though the match was a huge hit with the crowd and solidified the Coliseum as a huge attraction for Planeptune.

As time went on other matches have been hosted there within the populous however this one was more than just a simple fight.

It was the two prodigies of Alchemy going head to head.

Not only did this get everyone excited, it also was gonna put the power of Alchemy and Black Ops HQ into the national spotlight.

Hell it was so huge that for the first time the CPUs themselves decided to attend the fight as spectators themselves.

Needless to this mostly everyone was not gonna miss this fight.

Shortly after the Coliseum had opened for the day, the stands were packed almost immediately with the vip suites left for special guests for the combatants.

Alex obviously had only invited Akari while Ed had obviously Alphonse though the two had essentially sat together to watch.

Roy himself had offered to be the ref to begin and overwatch the battle to make sure nothing extremely wrong happened.

As the crowd anxiously waited for the combatants to arrive, Roy was up in the suites calming down Akari and Roy who were both anxious and what could happen during the scuffle.

"Worrying about it even now will only add more to the anxiety. We just gotta hope for the best that the two play nice." Said Roy.

While Al simply nodded, Akari gave him an unamused look as she wondered how he could be so calm about his top two alchemists essentially about to have a death match.

Regardless Akari knew that she couldn't do anything but watch.

After a few more minutes passed, Roy had left the vip suite and walked down the stands and entered the main floor as the arena slowly roared to life as after a final adjustment to his microphone, he flipped the switch on.

"Greetings ladies and gentlemen! My name's Roy Mustang, leader/ Führer of Black Ops HQ in Lastation! Welcome to the Planeptune Coliseum!" He said as the crowd exploded into cheers.

After they calmed down a bit he resumed talking.

"Starting right now, we'll introduce the combatants." He said as turned to one side as the gates opened.

"From this corner, we have the young alchemical prodigy! The Alchemist of The People! And half of the Elric Brothers! Here is Edward Elric!"

Out came Edward as he stepped into view of the raucous crowd as everyone cheered.

It was clear that is title of Alchemist of the People was no joke as Edward was unanimously beloved by many people in Gamindustri.