Eric's lips crept into a smile. "You love her" he gushed. "You still love Alice"

"Will you be quiet!" Blake hissed angrily. "I dont love her, just her smile...and her laugh. And the way she sticks out her tongue when she's reading, and when she's cold and huddles into anyone for any bit of warmth-"

Blake trailed off as he noticed Eric looking at him. "Dont love her huh?"

"Oh shut it" his ears turned red. "Maybe i like her a little bit. Just a little bit"

"Then you have to make things right"

Blake's eyes moved towards Alice, taking in every bit of her as she threw her head back in laughter, covering her mouth, embarrassed at how loud it had come out. It only made her giggle harder.

"I will"

"Just check under the hat"

"I thought she was dead"

"Someone should take her hat"

"I feel bad for her"

Alice thought she was crazy hearing whispers about her wherever she went, but by the guilty looks of her friends, she knew some information had escaped about her time at the Hospital Wing.

Alice pulled the woollen hat down over her ears and gripped her wand tightly. She controlled her breathing.

"I swear if one more person so much as looks at her, I will personally stuff their head into a blender" whispered Blake to Eric, but Alice heard.

"Quit talking about me" she snapped coldly. "You're just as bad as the rest of them"

"He's only trying to-"

"I dont care" she interjected, leaving Eric's sentence hanging. "It's not his place. He doesn't deserve the place"

Although she'd never admit it, she did think Blake standing up for her was rather sweet. "It's going to pass Alice" reassured Eric, but she just rolled her eyes.

She saw Malfoy walking towards her. He jerked his head to the side and disappeared into a classroom. "Say, I'll meet you in Potions. There's something I have to take care of first. Something important"

"Tia I don't think that's a good idea, you said you'd stick with us" protested Blake.

"I wasn't asking Alexander"

"Come on T, you're being stupid!"

She flipped him off and kept her head down as she pushed through the large crowd, not caring when she knocked a first year to the ground, or elbowed a seventh year. She just didn't care.

Alice opened the door slowly and quickly shut it behind her, dropping her satchel onto the ground. "You were right" she annouced, hopping onto a nearby desk. "Just like always"