Then the silence came. It was like a wave of nothingness had swept over the hospital wing. The occasional sniffle from Blake was the only sound that came from anywhere.

In this void of silence, Alice took her friends hand. Nothing else moved, she didn't even make the bed creak, but her fingers were now entwined with his. He let out a shaky sigh, leaning forward and planting his free hand in his whispy locks.

She saw it in his face first.
Something he wasnt telling her.
Something he was deliberately keeping from her.

She saw in his eyes how important it was.

She let go of his hand.

"Blake what's going on?"

"I'm sorry-"

"Blake, whats happened? You need to tell me"

"I didnt mean for it to happen, I swear-"

She was fighting her own tears now. She placed both hands on his shoulders and shook him lightly. "Blake please" she pleaded. "You need to tell me"

He took a deep breath and wiped his face roughly with the back of his sleeve. Alice urged him on, not entirely sure if she wanted to hear what he had to say.

"I told them about Lupin"

"Wha-"

"They took care of him. He's gone Alice"

Alice choked back a sob. "What are you talking about? You're saying he's dead? That they killed him?" her voice was small and her heart hurt. His silence was all she needed. "I want you to leave" she pulled the blanket up around her ears and turned away from him.

"Alice-"

"Take the third set of stairs and head down the corridor by the Ravenclaw common room" she explained. "Open the fifth painting and climb through. It takes you down to our common room. The Carrows won't see you"

"You need me to stay here" he said desperately. "I dont want to leave you Alice. I promised you I wouldn't"

"Im asking you" she said, she was crying. "Im asking you as a friend to leave me alone"

"I did it to save you" he uttered. "Everything I did, I hoped it would save you Alice Adair"

 "Everything I did, I hoped it would save you Alice Adair"

"Any luck with Alice?"

Blake shook his head, his gaze still fixed on Alice as she ate her breakfast. She had only just been released from the Hospital Wing. "She won't even look at me Eric, let alone speak"

"You did the right thing Blake" Eric said, patting his back. "Whether she sees it or not, you did the right thing"

"I dont know Eric" he sighed. "Things just got so fucked up"

"She's scared Blake" he said softly. "Can't you see she's terrified? She needs you. She needs you more than ever"

"She deserves someone better than me" Eric gave him a look. "I hurt her, you didn't see the way she looked at me, the way her eyes just shined over, like she wanted to forget everything"