Monster.

The song that this chapter is titled after is the song by One Eyed Doll.
And the drawing comes later in the chapter.

And yes, I drew it.

England.

I was awoken sometime in early morning. I'm not sure what had awakened me but when I stumbled out of the tent I was greeted by a horrifying sight.

Russia was on the ground, motionless, with a rapidly growing pool of blood surrounding his head. Off to the side Nebraska was slumped against a tree, a strange feeling was emanating off of her.

My feet took me over to where she was before I could fully register what was happening. I touched her hand and was jolted into a space that my senses quickly identified as the In Between. You know when you're just on the brink of sleep and you get this off feeling? That's where you are. I could tell right away that something was seriously wrong.

There was a white gazebo in the center of a dark space. Cracks littered the columns, looking like a three year old had scribbled on it. In the center were a wire table and two chairs, also white. Nebraska was slumped in one of the chairs and she looked up slightly when I stepped in the gazebo. She wore a dress that I recognized from the Cold War. The top of the dress was sleeveless and white with a black collar. The skirt started out with a layer of black at the center and got lighter as the layers got to the outside. It ended at about her knees, where black stockings took it's place. She had on black flats with a slight heel.

"Nebraska...what's wrong? What happened?" I asked. I wanted to get closer but a strong force held me back.

"He's gone....nothing matters...." She mumbled.

"Who's gone?" I managed to take a step forward. Nebraska clutched her head and hunched over in her chair.

"Kiku.....I couldn't....I wasn't quick....Nescio....quo prohibere....tincidunt....id nocet...." A strange blue light began to surround her. My eyes widened as I realized just what was happening.

"Nebraska stop! Stop this you're only going to hurt yourself!" I shouted. But she couldn't hear me.

"It it obsecro ira iniuriam inferat!!" The light got brighter and I jerked back into the forest. On the outside she just looked like she was sleeping but I knew she was far from it.

"Oh no...." I whispered.

"What's the oh no all about?" A voice said behind me. I whirled around to see Jae and Ai standing against a tree. Jae held a bloody tree branch in his hand and suddenly I knew who'd knocked out Russia.

"It's nothing that has to do with you thank you very much!" I shouted.

"Yeah but I'm curious..." Ai pulled out one of his larger knives, "I wanna know what you saw when you touched her hand."

"Cause you can't lie. We know you have the ability to get into others' In Betweens." Jae added.

"I said it's none of your business." I grit my teeth and clenched my fists at my sides.

"It doesn't look like he's gonna tell us." Ai looked up at Jae with a smirk.

"We'll get him to talk soon enough." Then he lunged at me with the branch in hand. We rolled around on the ground for a while before he got me pinned on a sharp rock in the middle of my back. He raised up the branch, my eyes widened for the second time.

And then it all went black.

Valkyrie.

Something was wrong.

Something was seriously wrong.

I wasn't getting any response from Natalie. She'd blocked me out. The only thing I could do now was either separate again or take control. I decided to do the former of the two. I scrambled to my feet, instantly seeing Russia on the ground bleeding. I rushed to his side, unsure of what to do. So I took off my red cloak and used it as a pillow of sorts. I looked back at Natalie, who was lying against a tree.

Something was wrong.

Something was seriously wrong.

I shakily got to my feet and stumbled over there. I reached out and touched her cheek, a shock went through me and I fell back. An image flashed before my eyes. Natalie was standing in front of a black coffin, a bloody knife in her hands. Her wrists were slit and bleeding. With bloody tears running from eyes that were hidden by her bangs. Two words echoed in my mind.

I'm sorry.

"No...." I whispered. It couldn't be happening now! I staggered over to Russia, trying to wake him up. When that failed miserably I decided that I needed either Habit or England. Both would be preferred. I ducked inside the tent, noticing with fright that England was missing, "They took him..." I thought bitterly. I saw Habit was still there so I started poking his face, trying to get him to wake up, "Habit! Habit wake up!" His eyes opened a slit after what seemed like hours.

"Huh whaaa?" He mumbled. Upon seeing who was poking him he sat up, nearly giving me a heart attack, "Val? What is it?"

"It's Natalie! It's happening." I whispered harshly, "I don't know how, but it's started!" Habit and I scrambled out of the tent and ran over to where Natalie was. He touched her for a brief second before falling back, face flushed and breathing heavy.

"I tried....getting in...but something's blocking me out." He gasped.

"It's not Natalie?" I asked worriedly.

"No. It's....all lot stronger than her." Habit took off his jacket and wrapped it around her, then he carefully moved her so she was laying on the ground, "What caused this to happen?"

"I don't know. I'll bet Russia knows but I tried everything I could to wake him up." I jerked my head towards his figure in the ground. The sunlight was starting to filter through the trees as the sun rose.

"I have an idea! We should get the 4ps so we can ask him! They have that technology!" Habit took my hands in his. I nodded just as the tent flap opened and a very sleepy looking Sealand stumbled out. He took one look at Russia on the ground and instantly seemed wide awake.

"W-where's that jerk, England?" He stammered. I pulled out of Habit's grasp and knelt in front of the boy.

"They took him. At least that's what I think happened." I explained simply. His eyes widened.

"What are we going to do now?"

"Well, we're going to get out of here and then we're going to save your brother. But for right now just wake everyone up." I put a hand on his small shoulder. He nodded before charging into the tent, shouting for everyone to get up. His shouts were apparently enough to wake up Russia. (and yet I wasn't enough!?) He propped himself up on his elbow gripping at the back on his head, "Russia! What happened!?"

"They showed up and attacked me. Who is missing?" He asked.

"England." Habit answered flatly.

"Of course." Russia growled and sat up fully. He seemed to notice for the first time Nebraska on the ground, "What happened?"

"70 years ago while Germany was teaching her how to shoot England attacked them. She was able to fend him off but got hit with a blast of magic. She absorbed it into her heart where it has remained very volatile and honestly it could've released at any moment." I explained as I sat down by her.

"What happens when it's released?" Russia asked warily. I looked up at Habit, he shrugged.

"This is merely a hypotheses....but we think that it's going to destroy her heart."