When The Higurashi Cry

Nebraska.

I sighed and slumped against the wall. My head was killing me, my left leg had a stabbing pain, and I was starting to give up. There was no way we were going to get out of here.

"This is hopeless." I rubbed my hand over my eye in order to make the headache go away.

"What's hopeless?" Sealand asked, obviously confused.

"Finding a way out of here. Finding anyone. Need I go on?" Hawaii slid down next to me.

"That's no way to think!" Italy yanked the both of us to our feet, "There's always a way!" I tried to take a step forward but my left leg gave a jolt of pain and I had to lean back against the wall.

"What's wrong?" Kansas tried getting me to my feet again.

"It's nothing. My leg's just tired from walking around." I tried standing again, but the pain came back, "Not again..." I muttered.

"What do you mean, not again?" Hawaii cast a sidelong glance at me. I sighed before explaining.

"You know that on 9/11 I was trapped under..." I let the sentence trail off, "Well some of the metal is still stuck in my leg. It only hurts if I strain my leg too much."

"I'll carry you!" Italy picked me up and carried me bridal style. Unsure of what to do I held onto his shoulder.

"Where are we going to go? What are we going to do?" England ran his fingers through his hair.

"I have an idea!" Sealand jumped up and down with his hand up like a kid trying to get the teachers attention.

"What is it?" I asked.

"We could just go out that window!" He pointed a skylight that none of us had seen before now.

"I don't think that would be a good idea." I felt my blood boil at the sound of Jae's voice.

"Who are you here for THIS time!?" I shouted. My grip on Italy's shoulder tightened. Just for kicks I added, "Purpura quoque et spuria."

"What?" Sealand looked up at me with a confused expression. England, however, looked like he was about to burst out laughing, "What?"

"I'm as clueless as you squirt." Jae picked up Sealand and held his katana to his throat. The boy squeaked, his eyes going wide.

"Let him go." England growled.

"No."

"Italy put me down." I shocked myself with how cold my tone was. Italy looked like he didn't want to, but complied anyway. I didn't even feel anything in my leg. Nothing. I felt nothing. I didn't even know I'd summoned my katana until Jae was on the ground, with a sword pointed at his throat.

"Woah..." Hawaii whispered.

"Wow Natalie...I didn't know you still remembered how to do that." Jae chuckled.

"I don't get your meaning." I felt detached, like I was just watching what was going on. Not being part of it.

"I know it's been, what, sixty years since it happened," Jae leaned back and fiddled with his jacket, "But you should remember at least-"

"STOP." I glared daggers into his eyes, "I don't know what you're talking about! Shut up!" There was this feeling flashing through my veins. Red hot yet icy. Sluggish but quick acting. Good yet bad. Electrifying, energizing, sharpening. It felt familiar, but I didn't know why.

Then everything seemed to explode.

Canada.

I struggled and kicked but no matter what my situation seemed hopeless.

In one last effort I elbowed Ai hard as I could in the rubs and he cursed. He loosened his grip just enough for me to break free.

Ae held a struggling France on one side and sucker punches me as I advanced on him. Despite the grinding pain in my jaw I fought against Ae and kicked him but he was strong enough not to let go, I was no more than a nuisance. Suddenly a searing pain is blasting through my head, my ears are ringing and I'm seeing double. I can feel blood trickling from the side of my head staining my blonde hair. I fell to my knees, only watching as Ai smiles at Ae with a dented pipe slung over his shoulder. I fall face flat and blackness quickly replaces my vision, the ringing in my ears fading away to silence.

I woke up to someone lightly shaking me. My head felt like lead, there was this tingling in my fingers, and I generally just felt like death.

"Canada! Wake up!" A voice shouted, accompanied by more shaking. I groaned as I opened my eyes.

"What...happened?"

"We were hoping that you would know." I figured out that the voice belonged to Germany. I sat up suddenly, instantly regreting it when pain flashed through my head.

"Where's France?" I asked timidly.

"I don't know."

"What happened, aru?" China asked worriedly.

"Ae...and Ai....they..I think they took him.." The ground turned blurry again as tears began to make their way down my cheeks.

"Who?" Texas frowned, his eyebrows mashed together in confusion.

"France. Who else?" Russia growled and glared off down the hallway. I shivered violently, never had I seen him act this way.

"Why put us here only to kidnap us one by one?" Romano slumped next to the wall and buried his face in his knees.

"What..what are we going to do now?" I asked. Russia sighed and looked down and the ground.

"I do not know."

Japan.

I held my injured arm close to my chest, America had used strips of one of the bed sheets to wrap it up. The once white fabric was now a dark red.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked. I nodded, not trusting myself to speak. If I did I thought I would start sobbing again. America wrapped his arms around my shoulders. Despite myself I latched onto him and started crying, "It'll be okay. I won't let her take you again."

"Oh I wouldn't be too sure about that." Em snickered as she through someone inside. America went over and picked him up. It was France. I pressed myself against the wall, eyes wide and terrified. Em's eyes met mine and she grinned. My breath caught in my throat. She began to walk towards me. America tried to protect me, but I knew he was too late.

"Just....let her have me." I stood up and took a shaky step forward. America gave me a pleading look.

"Japan.."

Em took my uninjured arm, twisting it behind my back. She shoved me into Ae's arms, he grinned down at me with an insane grin. Before I knew it I was strapped back down onto the metal table. The cold once again numbing my back and my wrists and ankles raw once again from struggling. Em circled around like a shark hunting it's prey. I shivered and squeezed my eyes closed. Suddenly there was a blinding pain across my chest. My eyes snapped open and I screamed. There was a shallow but painful gash that started above my heart and ended at my right shoulder. Em chuckled as she slowly unwrapped the bandages from my injured wrist. My heart was beating a mile a minute. I was shaking slightly, my hands clenched into fists. When the bandages where all gone Em ran her fingers along the wound. She took her knife and thrust it back into my wrist. I screamed again and my back arched off the table. I tried to pull away but the straps held me fast. The knife was once again jerked harshly through my skin, this time taking a slight turn to the right at the middle of my forearm.

"Natalie has such pretty scars on her wrist. I thought you'd might like some to match." Em giggle as she jerked out the knife. With blood now trickling off the table like a small water feature I started shaking harder.

"Stop..p-please stop..." I begged. Em leaned forward with a smirk on her face.

"No."