Because Of You

February 5th, 2011.

Nebraska.

I was hiding in my house from the winter's bitter cold. I had tea in one hand and my phone in the other. California and I were texting back and forth, talking about random subjects.

Me: So..whatcha wanna do?

Reilly (California.): I dunno.

Me: Hm... -m-

California: Hey did you ever meet Hitler?

I was taken aback by this question. I'd never been asked that before and trust me I was asked A LOT of questions about our side of the war.

Me: yeah..why the sudden curiosity?

Reilly: I was watching some program on the German attack on the Soviet Union.

Me: okay. That makes sense I guess.

Reilly: what was he like!?

Me: weird dude. Liked art. His mind was like a bag of cats though. You could feel crazy off of him.

Reilly: lol. A bag of cats...that's from Avengers isn't it?

Me: yeah but it's true.

Reilly: So...how did you meet him?

I leaned back in my chair and took a sip of tea. I smirked slightly as I thought about it. My fingers flew over the screen as I told my memory.

I followed Germany, Italy, and Japan into a bunker where a few men were sitting. I noticed a certain man right away. He had dark brown hair, angry brown eyes, and quite literally the wierdest mustache I have ever seen.

"So this is Hitler." I thought. The other men I recognized as Italy's boss and Japan's boss. I saw Hitler's eyes lock onto me, I could practically feel his thought, 'what is a GIRL doing here?' He turned to the four of us and spoke in German.

"Ah, Mr. Germany. Mr. Italy. Mr. Japan." Hitler shook Germany and Italy's hands and bowed to Japan. To me he said in English, "I don't believe we are acquainted."

"I am Nebraska. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Hitler." I answered in English with a tone that even shocked me. I sounded confident and cool and downright scary. He took my hand, quickly and firmly shook it, then turned to Germany with a slight smile.

"So this is the young woman I've heard so much about from you." Then he sat down. In all honesty I didn't like the guy from the start

The battle plans were crazed and unplanned. They were last minute, sloppy, and it was clear that he didn't know it. I could see that Germany didn't agree with half of the things that his boss said, but didn't say anything. Japan's boss glanced back at us, he looked quite bored but was obviously too polite to say anything. Hitler looked up at us as well, in German he asked,

"Your opinions?"

Germany's response, "Good good."

Italy's, "Looks good to me!"

Japan's, "They look fine."

Mine, "It's never going to work."

"I beg your pardon?" Hitler asked, obviously alarmed.

"You soldiers are getting too spread out. Also your being too hasty. If you wait a bit and gather troops as well as regain strength you'll have a better chance." I pointed at the map. Hitler thought it over, I could tell by his expression.

"Mien Got, you're right." He gasped out.

Me: and that's how I met Hitler.

Reilly: WHAT!? No way you didn't stand talk back to him!

Me: It really happened.

Reilly: any other good stories?

Me: Oh yes.

It was around the middle of the war. Japan was a bit worried about me being alone at the house so he put guards on me, without me knowing. So there were suddenly these men following me around the house. They'd basically do whatever I asked. On the outside I was like, "Oh, okay...I guess you can get me some water.'" when on the inside, "Yes my minion. Get me water."   So that first day when Japan came home I was sitting at the table. I gestured to the men in the doorway. 

"Hey look I have minions now." 

Me: That was a fun time. 

Reilly: Aw..I want minions...all I got are celebrities who do drugs. >:( 

Me: I have mafia. >:D 

Reilly: But I thought only New York had mafia. 

Me: Nope. I has mafia too. It's more discrete then Elias' mafia for various reasons. 

Reilly: WHAT!? I fear for my live now...O-o 

Me: Don't worry I'll tell them to spare you when I take over the world. 

Reilly: WHAT!?!?!?! 

Me: I'M KIDDING I'M KIDDING! I have no plot ot desire to take over the world. Too much work. 

Reilly: Phew. I actually thought you were serious for a second. 

Me: No. The mafia part is true though. 

Reilly: *Faints.* 

And that was the end of THAT conversation. 

Okay sorry if this is short I'm just out of ideas. 

Now before I go I want to give my readers a little warning. I have some slightly sadistic things happening a little later and if you don't like things like that then don't read. 

I also want to thank one of my BEST friends, Full-nite, for helping me with this story. I highly recommend reading her stories, ESPECIALLY Ungraceful. 

Peace, Love, and PASTAAAAAA, 

Soph.