Let It Go!

I'm sitting at a table, writing down numbers. I can't remember what they were for, hell I can't even remember the numbers. There was a sudden chill in the air and I looked towards the window. There's a plane streaking across the sky. Something about it feels wrong. Very wrong. The scene changed and I'm on a street. A very foggy street. I hear a scream behind me, I turn around and see Japan falling to the ground. I can't move, I just stand there. America comes out of the fog with a smoking gun in his hand. My mouth won't form words as he comes towards me. He looks away as he puts the gun to my head.

I gasped as I sat up. Third time this week I've had that dream. I glanced at the clock and sighed.

3:46 am.

I groaned as I got out of bed. I went down to the kitchen and got a Mt. Dew. Once I'm up I'm up so it really didn't matter what I did at that point. I turned on the TV, went to Netflix, and found Doctor Who. To be honest I was really liking this Matt Smith guy. And the guy that plays Rory. He's good too. I flicked through the episodes until I found one that sparked my interest.

"Let's kill Hitler? Heh heh. This'll be good." I chuckled. I sat there smirking the entire episode. My favorite part was when Rory punched Hitler in the face and put him in the closet. (or cupboard as they said it.) Overall it was a very funny episode.

Later that day I was sitting on the couch watching a World War Two documentary just to tell them how wrong they are. The show got to the point where America was just firebombing Japan. I closed my eyes and remembered a deep rooted memory.

I ran down the street, panting heavily. Sweat dripped down my neck and back. There was the whir of a plane overhead, the whistle of a bomb being dropped, and then a BOOM of an explosion. The ground shook with each bomb that dropped. After one landed only fifty yards away from me I lost my footing and tumbled to the ground. The world flashed white as my head collided with the concrete. I shakily got up on my hands and knees, watching as the blood drip down my face and onto the ground. I took a deep breath and staggered to my feet, then I began running again. My breath came in short gasps as my feet slammed into the ground.

"Kiku!" I shouted, "Kiku where are you!?" As I passed an alleyway a hand shot out and pulled me inside. I started to scream but the hand covered my mouth.

"Sh. They're coming." Japan whispered. I didn't need to know exactly who was coming, I already knew. The allies. More bombs fell and he cried out, falling against me as his legs gave out. A bomb fell just down the block, too close for comfort.

"We have to get to a safer place. Let's go." I whispered. Holding hands we sprinted down the alleyway. My muscles were sore and I had to push myself in order to run. They were coming and we knew it. Soon we found a safe enough house to hide in. I gently pushed Japan inside and slammed the door. I sank to the ground, breathing heavily. I glanced at Japan and saw that he was clutching at his chest with tears streaking down his face. The bombs must be hitting Tokyo as well. I took him in my arms and ran my hand through his hair like I did all the other bomb raids. And just like all the other times he fell asleep quickly. I smiled and leaned my head against the wall. My eyelids became heavy, exhaustion finally catching up with me. Then I fell asleep too.

When I awoke sunlight streamed through the windows. Japan was still in my arms and still asleep. I smiled lightly at this, chuckling a bit as well. He stirred awake, opening his eyes. I didn't like the haze that covered his eyes. I felt his forehead with the back of my hand. Burning hot.

"It....hurts..all over..." He leaned against me, murmuring softly into my jacket.

"I know. I know. Just rest now okay?" I played with his hair a little while I sang that one song Italy liked to sing, "Draw a circle, that's the earth. Draw a circle, that's the earth. Draw a circle, that's the earth. I am-" I thought about it for a few seconds before I finished with a slight smile, "I am Nebraska."

I was jerked out of my memory by the doorbell ringing, giving me a heart attack.

"Give me a heart attack." I muttered as I walked over to the door. I opened the door and not surprisingly found America, "Hey. What's up?"

"Just wanted to stop by see how you were doing." He smiled and tried to look over my shoulder, "Watcha watchin?"

"A documentary on what historians think happened during World War 2. I mainly use them to keep score and to tell them how wrong they are." I chuckled as I led him in.

"So what's going on now?"

"I got distracted and lost track." I flopped back on the couch and grabbed the remote.

"Of course you did." America laughed a little at the thought.

"So, what have you been doing?" I asked.

"Oh you know. Annoy England, eat food, that stuff." He grinned at me as I burst out laughing, "By the way where are the other three? I haven't seen them."

"Kansas and Oklahoma are down at the pirate festival and Texas is hanging out with Utah and Nevada." I shrugged.

"And what have you been doing?"

"Sitting here watching Doctor Who and documentaries. I'm like The Doctor when he's in museums when I watch these. I mean I'm like 'wrong, wrong, mostly right but still wrong, and very very wrong.'"

"That is you." America ruffled my hair, causing me to shrink down into my seat giggling like a three year old.

"I watched an episode of Doctor Who earlier. You know who Rory is right?" I sat up slightly and looked at him. 

"That's the one ginger chick-" 

"Amy." 

"Yeah. Isn't he Amy's boyfriend or something?" America asked. 

"Yep. Rory gets to punch Hitler in the face." I smiled a little evily as I said this. America sat up boltright. 

"Show me!" I pulled out my phone, went to Youtube, and typed in Rory punches Hitler. I gave it to America and watched his reaction curiously. 

"Fun right?" 

"Have you showed that to Germany?" He asked through fits of laughter. 

"I only watched it today." I giggled, "I don't think I should. England was the one who produced the show." 

"So...what exactly was going on before?" America leaned back on the couch smiling like an idiot. (which let's be honest here. He kinda is.) 

As I explained without giving away to many spoilers I suddenly got this horrible headache. I'd been getting them off and on for about two weeks now but I just thought it was.....well now that I think about it I don't know. But just like the other times I tried to ignore it. 

And as you can guess it was a mistake I'd pay one of the most ultimate prices there can be for it. 

Okay so if YouTube decides to like me there's a video of Rory putting Hitler in the cupboard (or closet as we say in America.) 

But if it doesn't well then, ToT. 

So from now on this is in the year 2014. Not necessarily present because I have certain dates that must happen. 

Peace, Love, and *tardis noise.* 

SOPH.