Heaven Knows

Nebraska.

I sat against a tree, staring at another tree three feet away. My mind wondered from subjects as to how to murder someone with their own hair to what to do first when I get home. The silence again seeped into my thoughts driving them towards deep rooted memories I wished to forget.

We'd been walking along the same path for hours with little to no results. I gripped the handle of my machete tighter and tighter with each moment that passed. At the head of the group Germany suddenly froze and dove to cover Italy's eyes. Of course then I got a good view of what was ahead.

It was.....a girl.

A young girl. Barely over 16. I felt a pang in my chest and I stepped back. France stood frozen in place. Japan took a step in front of me, blocking the girl from my field of vision. Then he took me into a hug, I didn't return it. Everything went blurry for a moment. It took me a second to realize that I was crying again. My legs gave out from under and me, Japan slowly sank down to the ground, his arms still around me. I was aware of him whispering something to me but I couldn't hear.

Everything went black after that.

I was brought out of my memory by voices in the distance. I shakily rose to my feet, my body weary from recounting something so horrible. The voices rose as one was shouting at the other. As I crept towards them I realized two things.

1) It was Jae and Ai. (not much of a shocker at this point.)

2) They were arguing about Japan.

"Well I think they way you did it was stupid!" Ai was shouting.

"It got the job done did it not?" Jae answered in that cool, collected tone that drove me up the wall. Or tree in this case.

"You should've made it slow and painful! Instead you just went SLASH and he's in the trance." As Ai went on I stumbled back from the tree.

"Kiku....I didn't....I couldn't....NO!" I screamed at myself internally. My hands clutched uselessly at my chest, which had began to ache again, "I couldn't....I'm so so sorry Kiku....I shouldn't have let this happen..." My breath came in short gasps as I stumbled back towards the camp. Just as I got there my legs gave out. I dragged myself over to a tree and curled up against it, "Paenitet me, dimitte obsecro...." I mumbled. My eyes felt heavy. The same with my body. My mind turned fuzzy and I had the distinct feeling that I've felt this before........

Russia.

I awoke to voices outside our tent. Looking around I could tell Nebraska hadn't come in. It was still dark, but it was slowly getting lighter. The voices came closer to the tent, close enough to make out what they were saying.

"I'm just saying it's my personal opinion man. Why take him out in one blow when you can make them suffer!" Ai's voice....definitely Ai's voice. What was he talking about? WHO was he talking about.

"Hey. Em said put him in the trance and I did. It doesn't matter how the job is done only that it GETS DONE!" Jae's voice rose a couple notches. I peeked through a small hole in the tent, the two of them were standing with their backs to the tent, glaring at each other while they argued.

"Why'd she choose someone else to do it anyway? She absolutely ADORED torturing him." Ai's head tilted to the side.

"She said she was too busy....." Jae took a step forward. I silently stepped out of the tent, taking note of Nebraska slumped against a tree nearby.

"With what?" Ai crossed his arms over his chest.

"I'm not exactly sure. She said she was going into town to pick something up....I was a little scared to ask what." Jae's shoulders went up to his chin and I could imagine a sheepish smile on his face. One that I would wipe off in mere seconds given the chance.

"Pardon my intrusion but care to tell me what you are talking about?" I grabbed the backs of their shirts and lifted them so they were at least a good two inches off the ground.

"Wouldn't you like to know." Ai hissed.

"Yes. I would thank you." I deposited Jae on a high branch, hanging by the back on his shirt. Ai's eyes widened before glaring at me.

"It doesn't concern you who's alive and who's practically as good as dead!" He smirked, "You wouldn't believe how loud your boyfriend can scream." I gripped his neck and stared down at him with hatred in my eyes.

"What did she do to him."

"Just about what she's done to Japan but while she did it gradually with him it just sorta happened all at once...." He gulped before continuing, "B-but he's not the one in the trance though he's still alive." That damn smirk returned, "But not for much longer."

"What do you mean by that?" My grip on his fragile neck tightened.

"Em punctured one of his lungs so he'd slowly drown in his own blood. And on top of that at the beginning Em gave him a virus that even his immune system can't fight off." Ai laughed and glanced behind us.

Then everything went black.