Whispers In The Dark

Nebraska.

I look up at the sky, it's a clear, blue day. The type I used to enjoy but don't anymore. I leaned against a railing as I looked across the sea. I could just barely make out a dot on the horizon. I hear the whir of a plane and I glance up.

It's a plane.

My vision seems to zoom in and I can the words Enola Gay painted on the side. My breath catches in my throat as I watch a dark object begin to fall. I want to reach out, to stop it, but I can't move. I can feel something warm and wet pool at my legs, I look down to see blood rising above my ankles. As the dark object hits the ground, a massive mushroom cloud explodes into the sky. I try to run, but I'm now in a box and it's quickly filling with blood.

The last thing I see before red engulfs my vision is the sky.

Russia.

I wake up in a grey, cement room. Much like Alcatraz but there is a way outside through the windows. Though from leaning out I could see it was easily a five stories tall. I was about to go back into the window when I caught sight of something on a slab of concrete that had fallen. It looked like gold hair flowing in the breeze. I quickly turned around and out the doorway to the room. It took many minutes of searching but I finally found a staircase. I ran down as fast as I could. Now there was only the task of finding them. This again took many minutes before I finally did.

My suspicions were correct, it was Nebraska.

She was lying in a nook under an overhanging piece of concrete, her hair cascading off the edge of the slab she lay on. In her hands there was a red rose. I cautiously approached her, I really don't know why. I took her into my arms and glanced around the surroundings. Nothing but crumbling cement and overgrown plants. Deciding that being inside was better than being outside I went inside one of the buildings.

I didn't know who else was here, but if she's here, everyone else is probably here too.

China. (wow lots of POV changes today.)

I blinked awake underneath a bare tree. My head ached, though I had no recollection of why. My first thoughts immediately went to Kiku and I felt a pang in my heart. Having to see him like that, in so much pain, it broke my heart. And then he told me he loved me, why? My eyes widened as I found the only possible answer.

He thought he wasn't going to get out alive.

He knows that he's going to go into the trance. At this thought I couldn't help but wipe a few tears off my face. I clenched my fists as I thought angrily,
"I will get you Kiku. I WILL save you."

"China, is...that you?" A voice said behind me. I whirled around to see England holding an sleeping Sealand.

"England! Oh it's good to see you are you alright, aru!?" I took him by his shoulders.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." He stepped back and looked down at his shoes, "Look, I uh...have something to tell you."

"Kiku's been kidnapped. I know, aru." He looked up, his green eyes wide with surprise.

"How did you know?"

"Well, we were in this building and Canada, Germany, and Russia went into this back room. They came back with a computer, aru. On that computer, " I paused, "We saw Kiku being tortured by...by HER." England's eyes went wide and he covered his mouth.

"Oh god...." He whispered. Suddenly a voice cut through the air, causing both of us to jump back and accidentally awaken Sealand.

"Who's there!?" It took a few seconds, but I recognized the accent.

"Russia? Is...is that you, aru?" I called. He stepped out of a doorway that was to our right. I noticed immediately that he didn't have his usual coat on.

"Glad to see you alright. You too England." Russia smiled just a bit and then glanced behind him, "You should come inside."

"Where are we?" Sealand asked groggily.

"I don't know..." England shrugged and followed Russia inside. I watched Russia walk straight across the room to a figure under his coat. I followed him and leaned over them. It was Nebraska. She was asleep, but her mouth was pulled into a deep frown.

"I wonder what she's dreaming." Sealand curled up next to her and quietly fell back asleep.

"Nothing good I would guess." England said grimly.

And that's exactly when the building next to us exploded.
Boop. Update.