Defying Gravity

June 18th, 2010

Nebraska

Boredom. Complete and utter boredom.

What was I doing? I was browsing the great internet search engine called Google for good shows. So far, nothing. I sighed and laid back on my bean bag. I had my own little techno-corner with my phone and my computer. I put a bean bag there as well as some Chex Mix and Mt. Dew. It's in a little nook in my room so I can be a ninja and pop out at Kansas or Oklahoma. Texas knows that our rooms are no go zones. His room is half the attic. It gets a little hot up there but most of the time it's fine. I have a security system up there in the half of the attic that isn't his.

Our house can withstand a nuclear blast. Yeah you read that right. It's like an above ground concrete bunker. Why? My governor rebuilt our house during the Cold War, fearing that Russia would bomb us. Yeah.....he was a little...uh...'special.' We have a network of cameras and motion sensors just because it's fun. I like spending hours up there on the super computer and watching people. Sometimes I wonder what it's like to be a normal human being. And I will admit, I do mess around with them occasionally. Even a great state like me gets bored.

So I was sitting in my room, being an introvert and being bored, when the doorbell rang. I sighed and got up, stretching as I walked down the hallway. Kansas was already at the door, it was America.

"Hey Alfred, what brings you here?" I asked. He grinned at me and I couldn't help but laugh a little.

"Mattie and I were going to go bowling. You wanna come with?" He asked.

"I don't have anything better to do. I'll go get Texas." I shrugged and walked down to the basement, "OUI! GET UP HERE!" I shouted down. He came to the bottom of the stairs and glared up at me.

"What!" He sighed.

"Alfred wants us to go bowling with him. Come on." I frowned.

"Okay. Hold on." He disappeared for a moment and came back with his shoes in his hands, "I'm back."

"I can see that." I chuckled as I turned back around. I slipped my shoes on and played on my phone while waiting for Oklahoma and Kansas. They came down a few minutes later with their hair in tight buns. Honestly I nearly cringed. I never wore my hair up like that anymore. I almost always wore my hair up in a ponytail or braid or (on very very rare occasions.) just down. Today I had a very loose ponytail that at I just did last minute. I give you a very important piece of advice. Mornings. Suck.

"So you guys ready?" America asked. I gave a thumbs up, Kansas grinned and nodded, Oklahoma gave a slight nod from her book and Texas pumped his fist in the air, "Awesome. Well, let's go!" America, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas went in America's car. I preferred to travel on my motorcycle. Yep, I still like to travel on that thing.

"Meet you guys there!" I shouted as I strapped on my helmet. I clipped my sunglasses to my regular glasses and jumped on the motorcycle. I smiled as the engine roared to life. I beat the others to the bowling alley, about three or four minutes. Canada pulled up a little after that.

"Hey guys!" Canada waved and we all waved back, "How are you all doing?"

"Pretty good." Kansas shrugged.

"Spectacular." Oklahoma gave a thumbs up from her book.

"I haven't died yet." Texas shrugged.

"Great." I smiled.

"That's nice to hear. So, Alfred, you ready to get owned in bowling?" Canada smirked.

"In your dreams, Matt." America ruffled Canada's hair and led us inside. We got our shoes, bowling balls, and picked a lane. After several minutes of typing names and taking pictures using the camera on the little thing, we started actually legitimately bowling. I won't go over the details but let's just say that we all fail miserably. I kept getting splits for some reason, weird.