A Little Bit Of Prairie: Hetalia FanFic

America trudged along in the Great Plains. The Cival War was in full swing and he had no idea what to do. The world meeting was in two days and surely England would go all "I told you so" on him. The people in this area wanted to be a state, that's why he was here. Thing is, he had to actually find the personification of the state before it became official.

Lately the residents had seen a little girl that would come out of nowhere. America was sure that this was her. So here he was, searching the endless waves of grass for a territory. America ran his hands through his hair and adjusted his glasses. And then he saw her.

She sat silently on a rock, looking out over the rolling landscape. She had light brown hair that bordered on the edge of being blonde. Her eyes were as blue as the sky she stared at. America stood there staring at her with a look of surprise. Suddenly the girl looked at him with the same look of surprise.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"I-I'm America."

"Hm." Then she laid back on the rock.

"Are you the Nebraska territory?" America walked up next to her and leaned over.

"Mhmm." Nebraska nodded sleepily. America picked her up and looked down at her. Nebraska buried her face in his chest, and fell asleep. He couldn't help but smile, she was so young. Even when England and France found him the first time he'd been older and more equipped with his surroundings. He couldn't leave her alone. So he turned around and walked back to his wagon. He but her in the seats behind him and put his jacket over her.

Several hours later he was back in D.C with his boss. Abraham Lincoln may have looked very tall and imposing but America wasn't afraid of him. He trusted Abraham with his people. If there was anyone that should be feared it would be Abraham's wife.

America sat in a chair with Nebraska in his arms. Abraham put his hand on America's shoulder and looked down at the sleeping child.

"She's Nebraska?" He asked.

"Yeah, she's too small to leave out on her own." America brushed some hair out of Nebraska's face.

"She looks a lot like you."

"I guess so. Any news on the war?" It was sad to see his own people fighting each other.

"Not much. Only that the south is furious that Nebraska here wants to be a free state." Abraham straightened, "I must go back to my office and prepare myself for the next cabinet meeting. I'm giving you the week off to take care of Nebraska. And I know you have a world meeting coming up."

"Okay. I'll see you later then?" America stood.

"Yes, a later time." Abraham slightly smiled then turned a walked into his office. America walked back to his wagon and went home. On the way Nebraska woke up. She sat up and looked around.

"How'd we get here?" She blinked out the sleepiness in her eyes.

"We traveled by wagon. Same thing we're doing right now." America answered.

"Where we going?" Nebraska asked.

"To my house."

"Mhmm." Then Nebraska fell asleep again.

"No that I think of it, she really does look like me. Without my glasses, yeah." America thought. He smiled at the memory of England and France arguing over who he resembled more, "I don't look like either of them really."

The next day was uneventful. He gave Nebraska a tour of the house, showed her around a little bit of town, and when she fell asleep, he did too. There weren't very many states (or territories) he got to do this with.

And it was nice.

Sup peoples yes I'm making a new story cause I feel like it and one of my friends is going through a tough time right now. And we can all agree that baby America was the cutest thing on planet earth right? Right?!

Peace, Love, and HETALIA!

Soph.