All My Exes Live in Texas.

Japan

Leaning heavily against America I made my way down the hallway to Natalie's room. I wondered how she was going to react to America being there.

"America....you may want to stay outside the room for now." I looked up, suddenly realizing how short I was next to him.

"I was planning to." He smiled, but his eyes didn't.

"When I leave, you come in. I will try and change her mind about you." I said, trying to sound convincing.

"Well, good luck." America opened the door to a room. I glanced inside and saw Natalie trying to take out the IV in her arm.

"You might not want to do that." I smiled. Natalie's eyes lit up that certain way that I loved.

"Kiku!" She sat up so suddenly that she scared Oklahoma, who was reading a book, "Are you okay?!"

"Fine, I have been for a while now. Just waiting on you." I ruffled her hair a bit.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I get sick often in times of great stress. That and I sound British....." Natalie said the last part in a perfect imitation of England.

"You can imitate England perfectly. How do you do that?" I asked.

"I lived with Kansas, who watches British programs all the time and then walks around talking in a British accent." She shrugged and played with that bit of hair that sticks up like America's, "Though I gotta say, it was fun."

"Well that's just too mainstream." Oklahoma interjected. Kansas walked in as she said, "I don't do those things because I'M an individual."

"Your ALL THE SAME." Kansas and Natalie exclaimed at the same time.

"She thinks that because she's a 'hipster' as she puts it that she's extremely different." Kansas explained to me.

"It makes sense. So you all live together?" I gestured toward all of them.

"All of us and Texas. Wherever the idiot went. It's peaceful most of the time." Kansas opened up the window, but as the sun hit her she quickly closed it, "I'm not a vampire I just don't like sun."

"Sure your not." Natalie waved her hand in the air absentmindedly, "Better not let Tennessee find out about your aversion to sun, he'll be stalking us for years."

"He already IS remember?" Oklahoma gave up on reading and decided to join in the conversation, wherever it was going.

"Oh yeah he's convinced Aaron's some kind of monster is he not?" Kansas glanced in my direction and saw my extremely confused expression, "Tennessee is like a conspiracy theorist of the states. And now that the war is over he's pretty convinced that Russia wants the....uh...the-"

"The bomb." I finished for her, "It's fine I hold no grudge." I looked Natalie in the eye, "And you shouldn't either."

"But...how can I forgive him if I can't even forgive myself?" She looked at me with a sad look in her eyes.

"You shouldn't feel guilty over what happened." I held her hand fast in mine, "I have forgiven, do you think you can?"

"He's right in front of the door isn't he?" Natalie sighed, "I don't know."

"America?" I looked back at the door. He popped his head in cautiously.

"Yes?

I looked back over at Natalie as if to ask for permission to let him in.

"Ugh, fine. You can come in America."

As he was walking in Kansas said a little awkwardly, "You hipster over there, come with me to find England, I think he found the library," and with that they both left the room.

After a long silence between us three Natalie finally pipped up, "Okay, America, know that I certainly don't hate you, I don't think I could if I tried, all I'm going to say is that I don't know if I can forgive you right now. I guess only time will tell."

"Wow that was really sappy," she added after a short pause. This caused America and I to giggle a little to themselves.

"I guess I can live with that, thank you." With that America quietly got up and left the room so Natalie and I could have some time to ourselves.

February 17th, 1983.

Nebraska

Ok, let's be honest, Kansas and I are dorks. Especially when left alone and there is chocolate and ice cream. And a pool. And we're talking about a new show that England's making.

Let's just say things get interesting from there.