Trip The Darkness

February 17th, 1987

Nebraska.

Ok, let's be honest, Kansas and I are dorks. Especially when left alone and there is chocolate and ice cream. And a pool. And we're talking about a show that England's making.

Let's just say things get interesting from there.

We were randomly swimming in our pool for no particular reason and were asking each other hypothetical questions.

"Guess what?" Kansas asked.

"Blue. Daleks. Oh wait! 42!" I answered.

"No! What if all of the chex mix of the world disapperead? What would you do?" She laughed and floated on her back. I made exaggerated choking noises and went underwater. Then I popped back up laughing like a five year old.

"I have no clue...but I'm glad that I don't have to worry about that for right now." I swam over to the edge of the pool and started splashing a spider that was crawling across the ground, "So, what's so great about this Doctor Who show?" I asked.

"It's a guy traveling around in a police box, has a compainion, and fights aliens. What's not to love?" Kansas began to explain what the show was about. I was only half listening though.

"So what's the guys name who plays the doctor?" I asked suddenly.

"Sylvester McCoy, why?"

"Just wondering."

"Okay." And we left it at that.

August 5th, 1989

I was hiding from Kansas in my room while she went rampaging around the house. Cautiously I ventured out and ran like heck to the phone. Quickly I dialed America's number.

"America here." He answered, like he was bored.

"Alfred! Help me! Kansas is going on a rampage! Tell England to hide and lock his doors!" I whisper-shouted.

"Why? What's going on?" America sounded a little amused at this.

"England canceled Doctor Who so she's really mad. I'm going to stay with Kiku for a couple of days...just till she calms down. But seriously, tell England to hide and pray she doesn't find him." I sighed as I heard Kansas shout again.

"Okay.....so, what should I do about it?"

"Get your lazy butt out here! Help me tie her down!" I accidentally shouted and Kansas ran in, "Oh crap, see ya later get here now BYE!" I slammed the phone down and ran out the door. Kansas ran after me for a few minutes before deciding that Texas was better pray. I ran back in my room and locked the door, "Why...did I...decide that running would...be a good....idea?" I collapsed on my bed, catching my breath. Honestly I needed a phone in my room. I heard the doorbell ring, probably America. I peeked out before tearing like heck and answering the door. Surprisingly it wasn't America but Japan, "Hey, what are you doing here?"

"I came to be some help in calming Kansas down. America called me." He shrugged and stepped inside. I face palmed as Kansas ran in again.

"Run!" Texas shouted.

"Kansas, calm down it's just a show." Japan put his hands out in front of him defensively.

"JUST A SHOW!?" Kansas fumed, "JUST A SHOW!?"

"Okay I'm out!" Texas ran back down the hallway and into the bathroom.

"We're doomed." I sighed.

"No, we're not." Japan shrugged again. I readied myself to take off at the soonest opportunity. The person who said choose your battles wisely was a genius, but clearly hadn't met Kansas. Or any of the states for that matter. Kansas ran at us. Three things happened at this point. 1: I ducked behind the couch, 2: Japan did the Vulcan-death pinch (as we states call it) on Kansas, and 3: America walked in the door.

"Okay okay! I give up!" Kansas sighed and rubbed the spot where Japan had grabbed her, "Seriously you HAVE to teach me that."

"You don't have to ask me. Natalie knows how to do it too." Japan jerked his head in my direction. Texas opened the door and peeked out.

"Is she not evil anymore?" He asked. America laughed.

"Not anymore! Thanks to the hero!"

"You didn't do anything!" I glared at him and he broke down laughing, "Oh you shut up."

"So...she's not going to murder me, that's what I'm getting at here." Texas stepped out and stood next to me. I suppressed a chuckle at what I was planning to do.

"Oh I'm still going to. So you better run." Kansas winked at me. She clearly knew what was going to happen. Then she jumped forward with a shout. Texas wheeled around and got only two steps before I did the Vulcan death pinch. He shrieked and fainted. Three of us (guess which three) broke down laughing. One just kinda stood there, unsure of whether or not to help Texas.

"Kansas get me some water." I managed through fits of laughter. She ran off, still laughing, and came back a couple seconds later with a glass of water. I dumped it on Texas and he sprung up. He glared at me and I laughed harder.

"You are the worst sister ever." He said meekly.

"That's our job squirt." Kansas slapped him on the back, causing him to take a few steps forward.

"I'm not THAT small!" Texas fumed.

"Okay you three stop messing around with your brother." America finally stopped laughing but still giggled like a schoolgirl. At that moment Oklahoma peeked in and saw the five of us in the living room. She pushed her glasses up way high again as she spoke.

"I guess Kansas has calmed down. a The world can live another day."

"Oh don't be so dramatic I'm not going to be the apocalypse." Kansas put her hands on her hips, "And don't tell me that being dramatic is 'too mainstream.' Your all the same."

"Shut up." Oklahoma glared at her and I stifled a giggle.

This week was off to a GREAT start.

MUST READ IF YOU HAVE STRONG OPINIONS ABOUT 9/11.

YOU MAY WANT TO SKIP THE NEXT TWO CHAPTERS IF YOU HAVE STRONG OPINIONS ON THE SUBJECT BUT THERE ARE MAJOR PLOT THINGIES SO....YEAH....ANYWAY BYE!