Russian Rulette

December 5th, 1941

Nebraska stared out the window with a look of complete boredom. For some ungodly reason England wanted them to fight in the war, which is why she was going to one of the first State Meetings in New York. She sat in the car dreading the upcoming meeting. Almost none of the states even recognized that she was there.

"I hate these meetings." One of her friends, Kansas sighed.

"I know. Why can't we just stay home? Nobody talks to us anyway." Another friend, Oklahoma pushed up her glasses way too high for any normal state to see out of. They weren't real anyway. Unlike Oklahoma, Nebraska couldn't see a thing without her glasses.

"Because America wants our opinions on this war." Texas (more or less a frenemy of Nebraska) stated matter of factly.

"In my opinion, let's stay out!" Kansas threw her hands up in the air.

"Hey Nebraska your being really quiet, what's your opinion?" Oklahoma asked.

"Does it really matter? Nobody listens to me. They only slightly listen to you guys, but it's like I don't even exist. The only reason you guys even talk to me is because we live in the same house together." Nebraska sighed. She checked the time on her pocket watch. 5:41 A.M.

"Hey don't be so hard on yourself. At least America likes to keep in touch with you." Texas attempted to NOT sound like a complete smart ass for once. Nebraska glared daggers at him.

"That's because I'm the only one who answers the phone you idiot." She whacked him on the back of the head with the pocket watch.

"Was that necessary?"

"Yes. Yes it was. Now get out of the car we're going to be late." Kansas opened the car door and walked inside the building. Surprisingly, the Allies Meeting was only about two conference rooms down. Nebraska nearly ran by that room. She felt uneasy around certain nations like Russia and France. Plus she barely had any social skills. She was an introvert at heart.

Nebraska may look like America, but she was nothing like him on the inside.

-------------------------

England caught a glimpse of someone walking by the conference room. At first he thought it was America but then he realized that he was in the room, completely silent and just watching. The thought just came by and was forgotten until around two hours later.

"It's not Canada, he's here too. So then who else looks exactly like America?" England thought, "Isn't there a state that the others say looks just like him? Nebraska, I think. There's a State Meeting today so maybe I'll stop by and see." He was interrupted from his deep thinking by one of the secretaries slipping in and walking over to America. She whispered something in his ear and he dashed out the door, "I wonder what that was about."

----------//////----------

It was at first just a slight headache, but the grew to a pounding migraine. Nebraska pressed her palm into her forehead.

"Ow ow ow ow ow." It felt like someone was pounding on the inside of her head with a pipe, "This is the sixth one in two days!"

"Nebraska what's your opinion on our involvement?" New York asked. Nebraska sighed.

"I know last time we helped win the war but we fell into the Great Depression. It could happen again."

"The only reason that it happened is because people started freaking out and withdrew all their money in from the banks." Texas pointed out.

"People do seem to like freaking out." Nebraska began to feel very dizzy.

"Are you okay?" New York asked her.

"Yeah, just a bad headache. I'll be right back," Nebraska got up and began walking to the door. Then she stopped with her whole body rigid. Suddenly she collapsed. New York shouted for one of the secretaries to get America. Seconds later he ran in. He checked her pulse and made sure that she was still breathing. America picked her up then left. All the other states couldn't help but notice the uncanny resemblance between them. They always just thought it was the color of her hair and eyes. But it was everything. Right down to the little part of America's hair that defies gravity.

-----------////////-----------

England saw America run by the door with something in his arms. He ran out the door and followed him.

"America!" He called out. America slowed down and looked back. England caught up saw the young girl in his arms, "What happened?"

"Nebraska collapsed."

"Do you know why?"

"No."

England looked back at the conference room. He thought he saw someone slip back inside but wasn't quite sure.

But it did give him the creeps.

Okay I just want to say that if I offend anyone while writing this I'm sorry.

Peace, Love, and don't kill me,

Soph.

Russia: become one with Russia da?

Me: *running* NO!