Youth Of A Nation.

Valkyrie. 

I woke up with a pounding headache. For second I didn't know what had happened but then it hit me and my eyes flashed open and sat up with a gasp. The other's all sat up at the same time I did. We were still in that circle formation with Natalie off to the side. At first glance she just looked the same but at closer inspection I could see her hair was starting to turn black. 

"What is a time lord?" Sealand asked the same question that he'd asked in the In Between. 

"An alien from Galifrey. But....they aren't real they're just from a T.V show." I peeked out of the tent, scanning for the danger that girl had warned us about. I quickly found it. 

Jae and Oliver. 

"The purple caped idiot and sweater wearing psychopath are here." I announced flatly. Habit grinned and before anyone could stop him he tore out of the tent, "Habit wait!" I scrambled out after him, trying to summon my knives. The dark magic of the forest kept preventing me, but I was determined to succeed. 

"Ah I see the 3ps have come out to play." Oliver clapped his hands together with his signature grin on his face. 

"Shut it cupcake." Jae glared at him, "We're not here for them." 

"Well then what are you here for?" Habit brought out one of his knives, twirling it around his finger. 

"We want to know what England saw in Natalie's In Between." Jae pulled his katana from his belt in a 'threatening' gesture. Note the quotation marks. 

"Oh yeah....we saw that." I nodded with a smirk, "Yeah you are sooo dead when she wakes up." My smirk vanished and my tone turned dark, "Especially with Japan in the trance." 

"You shouldn't have doooone thaaat." Hawaii popped out of the tent with a a rusty machete in her hands, "I may not like him all that much but I WILL avenge my sister's love." 

"I think you made a lot of people angry with your actions." Russia stepped out of the tent with Sealand and Canada in tow. 

"Oh. And what are you gonna do?" Oliver leaned against a tree mockingly. I tilted my head, grinning my most insane grin. 

"Destroy you." 

Nebraska.

Japan froze. A silence fell over us as what I'd said processed through his mind. 

"And it's okay. I've helped the other's avoid the strings. When I wake up I'm going to help us get out by using the trees like you did last time." I knelt in front of him and held him tightly. 

"Natalie," He pulled away, "I...want to apologize for something." 

"What? If it's about the forest we've been over this it's not you fault." I gripped his shoulders, forcing him to look into my eyes. 

"It's not about that." He looked down at his hands, "I'm sorry for not holding on longer. I just couldn't...it hurt too much for me to go on." He covered his face and began crying like I had been not ten minutes ago. 

"Kiku, I would much rather you in the trance than in that much pain." I pried his hands away from his face, holding them tight, "I understand now. In order for you to not be hurt you need to be this way. But mark my words, Jae will die for this. Because even if you're safe now he won't get away with hurting you. The same goes for Em. She will pay for sending me to Aokigahara too. And dragging everyone else there too." 

"Natalie....you're so...strong." Japan smiled softly, "I'd never be able to do any of that while you were in the trance. I couldn't even bring myself to eat when you were in." 

"I know. I know." I wiped fresh tears away from his cheeks, "But you're strong too. For being able to deal with a crazy girl like me." 

"Natalie. Kiku." A voice said behind me. I whipped around to see a girl standing there who looked just like me, but with black hair and red eyes, "The time comes for her to awaken." 

"Who are you?" I asked, shocked at the appearance of this girl. 

"I am merely a figment of your mind. Your insanity." The girl took my hands and helped me to my feet. Japan also stood up and tried to pull me away, "Step back Kiku. You will not alone for much longer." 

"What does that mean?" My eyes widened at the thought. 

"I'm afraid Alfred is on the brink of your version of death as well." The girl answered with a tinge of sadness in her voice. Japan's eyes widened but he nodded. 

"I'll kick Jae's ass for you okay?" I smiled at him my most reassuring smile. He smiled back and nodded. 

"Sayonara." He waved. 

"Sayonara!" The everything faded into black. 

The sounds of a fight woke me up. I slowly sat up, catching a glimpse of myself in a random mirror in the tent. My hair was jet black, the sun reflected off of it, giving the top a halo look. My eyes were blood red, much darker than the girl's eyes. I heard Oliver's laughter outside of the tent. 

"This was too easy. Don't you agree?" He giggled. 

"Much too easy." Jae's voice sent my spirits high. I wouldn't have to wait long to spill his blood. Without thinking I slipped out of the tent. The two had their backs to me, the unconscious forms of my comrades scattered here in there. There was blood everywhere. I summoned my katana without even wondering how I could in here. I let out a long, insane chuckle. It turned into a maniac laugh as the two of them went rigid and slowly turned around. 

"They may have been easy but I'll tell you I will not." I took a step forward, raising my katana so it was eye level with Jae and Oliver, "Watashi wa sore wa anata ga natarī M· jōnzu no ikari o shiru tame no jikanda to omoimasu." 

"I'm not afraid of you!" Jae raised his katana. He was lying, I could see the fear in his eyes. 

"Yes you are. Anata wa hijō ni osorete iru. And you have good reason to be." I began to laugh again as they both took a step back, "Now...." 

"Shinu."