Leave Me Alone.

This song is literally Nebraska at this point. Am I right?

Nebraska.

I remember a pounding pain in my head. Nothing really new as of late. I'd gotten strangely accustomed to this. I sighed and opened my eyes, sitting up.

"Ah, Nebraska you're awake!" Russia's voice called to me from nearby. I looked over to see him sitting on a couch, wrapping his leg in strips of cloth. Vaguely I remembered him getting shot in the leg.

"Unfortunately." I pressed my palm against my forehead, "I could go without the headache right now."

"I know what you mean." Russia nodded, tying off the bandage, "I have good news though. My boss is just about thirty minutes away."

"Finally!" I gasped, "They were taking forever." I took a look around where we were. It wasn't the bunker from earlier that much I could tell. The ceiling was way too high not to mention there were actually windows and a giant empty pool on the middle of the room, "Uh...I'm going to guess the bunker wasn't safe to return to."

"Ai was there." Russia frowned, "I ducked into this building to avoid being seen." I raised an eyebrow and pointed to the windows. He chucked and shook his head, "Yes I'm aware of that. I just ducked down until he was gone."

"I see..." I bit the inside of me cheek, struggling to think of a topic to talk about that avoided what had just happened or just the 2ps in general. Luckily Russia beat me to the punch and asked,

"What do you think the other states are doing right now?"

"Probably freaking out because they can't find any of us." I shrugged, "I mean it's one thing when one of us disappears but four? And Alfred too? Their probably one step away from a heart attack."

"Probably." Russia smirked.

"Yeah. They don't stay calm about anything."

"Really? Why is that?"

"Cause they're crazy."

The sound of a helicopter overhead cut off anymore conversation. I rushed to one of the windows, watching as it descended on the city.

"We should go meet them." Russia eased out of the chair he was in, limping towards the doorway. I slipped to his side, supporting him on his injured leg. He flashed me an appreciative smile in response.

Together we walked outside to face whatever the world had left for us.

England.

Sealand, Hawaii, and Habit had apparently been captured as well. Introducing Habit to the rest of the group had sure turned out to be an adventure as Nebraska was really the only one who knew him and he wasn't talking about how they met. So the extent of our explanation of his appearance kinda went like this.

"This is, uh, Habit." I jerked my thumb at him and he waved with a crazed grin, "Nebraska knew him."

"Knows!" Sealand interjected, "Neither of them are dead."

"No. I guess not." I shrugged,"But he's the one that helped us get out of Hashima and into his house."

"Which is where Romano was taken." Hawaii gazed sadly at his still figure across the room. A heavy silence followed. I laid my head down on Kansas's shoulder, closing my eyes when she began running her fingers through my hair. In the quiet we were given ample time to think. To ponder. To brood. To reflect. To meditate.

The brief moment of stillness was broken by a soft, in distinct moan coming from nearby. Our heads whipped around the room towards Italy. But his mouth was closed and he made no sound. I looked over at Romano. Nope. Same thing. Alfred? No....so that only left-

"Kiku!" China gasped holding the other's head in his lap. Japan's face was twisted in pain. His lungs labored to take a full breath. Sweat began to bead at his forehead.

"Japan!" I staggered to my feet and stumbled over to the two nations. France and Habit stood just in front of us, keeping the others back, "How is this possible? He's only been under for about...two days?"

"I don't know , aru." China brushed a lock of hair out of Japan's face just before his eyes blinked open.

"Japan? Are you alright?" I asked.

"E...en...eng.." He gasped.

"Shh shh, aru. There is no need to talk. Safe your energy for healing." China frowned. Japan shook his head weakly.

"N...need...t-t-to....kn-know...what...has been....going on with...Natalie.." His words became more sure and louder as he went on.

"Oh." China and I shared a look. Of course his first concern would be her. I glanced back at Habit and motioned him over, "This is a friend of Natalie's-"

"H-habit..." Japan nodded and smiled.

"Hey buddy how you doing? You feelin sassy?" Habit lightly ruffled his hair, "Good to see you again."

"Wait, you two...know each other!?" Kansas barged in between Habit and myself.

"Yeah. Natalie introduced me to him about.....what thirty years ago?" He glanced down at Japan for confirmation. Japan paused before weakly nodding, "Well anyway enough about me. You asked about Natalie right?" Japan nodded again, "Righto."

"Now...where to begin with this one?"

Nebraska

We waved over at the soldiers hopping out of the helicopter and surrounding us. There were about ten of them in classic dark green bulletproof armor. They formed a sort of protective circle around us, pointing their guns at the shadows. Two more soldiers exited the craft and made their way over to us. One took my place as Russia's crutch while the other placed his hand on my back and began guiding me towards the helicopter.

Once the two of us were inside the rest piled in as well, making sure to put distance between themselves and us. One of them, the medic I think, began unwrapping Russia's makeshift tourniquet and began cleaning his wound. I leaned against the back of the seat I was in. It's hard to describe what I felt at that moment. It was a mixture of happiness, relief, guilt, fatigue, and sadness. But on top of all that was a general numbness. All the other feelings seemed muted and muffled. The emotional wreck side of me was pushed deep down. Buried. The rational part of me took control. The one that wouldn't look back to the past and would only look towards the future. Whatever mistakes that were done, were done. They happened and it was time I did what I could to fix it.

And I had just the patch to do so.