Gomenasai

If you haven't heard this song by t.a.t.u you should go check it out.

Nebraska.

I don't know how much time had passed since I'd gotten up on that roof. The wind was picking up and it was starting to get dark as clouds covered the sun. It was going to rain soon. I stared down at the empty, decaying streets below, trying to figure out what place this could be. I was seated on the edge of the building with my knees to my chest and my arms wrapped around myself. It wasn't that I was cold, I just needed to feel like I wasn't completely alone. I closed my eyes, tilting my head up to the sky. My mind wandered into the dark recesses of my memory, conjuring up something that like Aokigahara I wished to forget.

Leaves whoosh by. Green leaves. Thick leaves. My feet pound on the ground almost in time with my heart. My hands are wrapped around a pistol, my finger poised to shoot at any time. I didn't know exactly where my enemy was but I knew that he was close. Explosions rock the ground, dirt shooting up from trenches on all sides. I had to raise my arm up to shield my face from airborne assaults on several occasions. Ahead of me, a clearing appears. I will my legs to go faster. I burst out of the trees and bushes just as someone else did. Our eyes lock onto each other, we raise our guns. But there is hesitation in his eyes.

I shoot first.

The first drops of rain startled me out of my memory. I rose to my feet, taking a deep breath. As I turned to leave the roof a voice called up from below.

"NEBRASKA!"

I spun around, dashing to the edge.

"Russia, thank god you're here!" I shouted down, "I was begining to get worried I was here all by myself! Have you seen any of the others yet? " He held up a hand and motioned for me to come down, "Right. Wait there then. I won't be long!"

I turned on my heel, racing down the floors as fast as I thought I could go. When I got outside I suddenly found myself in a loving embrace.

"I'm glad you are safe." Russia smiled, pulling away, "I have found the others as well as a hiding place until help arrives. This place will be the last one they will send us to."

"What does that mean?" I asked, "What is this place? And what do you mean by help arrives?"

"This town is called Pripyat. It was a large city built around the Chernobyl power plant." He turned, beginning to walk away. I followed, "One day one of the reactors exploded. This city was evacuated in two days. When I said that help was coming, I'm saying someone is coming to pick us up from here and take us back to my place."

" So, your boss is coming?" I tilted my head to the side. He nodded, "Lovely."

I know this is a short chapter but I really couldn't think of anything else to put in this one. Now that my theater things are over (for the most part ) I'm going to focus on updating this story more.

Thanks for being very patient with me and my procrastination.

Peace, love, and I love you all,

Soph.