Chapter 54 Elanie, Seraphina and Mia

Countdown: 73 days until Grass attacks.
*Seraphina's Room, Morning*
Seraphina lays on her bed. 'Can't believe Mia is so strong. Her training was really helpful. Who knows how we would defeat those three. But I have to get stronger. We have too. I have too. Mia already showed me what kind of potential my ability has. She showed Blyke, Isen and Arlo their abilities potential. She's the strongest. It's no doubt.' Seraphina thinks as she smiles without realizing it.

Seraphina remembers the fun times she had with John. Then she remembers how Mia and Oliva smiled at her like she was family.

*KNOCK KNOCK*
"Seraphina, you awake?" Elanie asks from the other side of the door.

Seraphina gets up from her bed and walks toward the door. She opens it to see Elanie. "Yep. Is there something you need?" she asks.

"Oh no. I just wanted to know if you were hungry. I'm making breakfast." Elanie replies.

"Sure. I don't mind having your cooking." Seraphina replies.

"Great!" Elanie says happily. "It'll be ready in a few minutes."

Seraphina nods and closes the door.

'It's hard to believe how much has happened under a month. Everyone is changing. Maybe for the better. Or at least until Grass is defeated.'

Seraphina walks to her desk and sees a photo of her and John with his hair gel. She smiles as she grabs the photo.

'Such a dork. Looking... so innocent.'

Seraphina thinks back of John and Oliva kissing. Seraphina holds the picture to her chest. She closes her eyes and smiles.

*Twenty minutes later*
Seraphina and Elanie finish eating breakfast.

"Hey Elanie." Seraphina begins the conversation.

"What is it Seraphina?" Elanie asks.

"How do you feel about this whole 'Grass' situation?" Seraphina asks.

"Honestly, I feel scared. This is happening so suddenly. Everyone is being targetted. Us, Wellston, the whole state, even Ember. No one is safe. We are just the top of the list. Who knows if they'll stop there. We seen the article. We know what kind of people they have. Maybe even more." Elanie replies.

"Do you... have someone you like?" Seraphina asks.

Elanie gets caught off guard by the question. "W-W-Why?"

"Just curious. I mean, would you tell him? We don't have much time until the battle begins." Seraphina says.

"Yeah... But, I think it won't matter. I'm not sure if he feels the same way." Elanie replies. "Why are you asking though?" she questions Seraphina.

"Just curious." Seraphina replies.

Elanie thinks for a moment. "Does this have to do about John?"

Seraphina widens her eyes and avoids eye contact. "N-No."

"So it does." Elanie says.

Seraphina looks at her with a darken expression. Elanie takes notice of this.

"But you know... he has Oliva. You can't change that." Elanie states nervously.

"I know. It... It just makes me sad. I always thought he was available, you know? Oliva did tell me that if she and John were to break up, she would want me to be with him. Which honestly. took me by surprise." Seraphina states.

"Yeah, no girl would ever say that." Elanie states. "But, are you gonna take the chance if that happens?" she asks.

"Honestly, I would. But I would have to give John time to heal. I don't want to rush things." Seraphina states.

"Uh huh." Elanie says since she doesn't know what to say.

*KNOCK KNOCK*
"I wonder who could that be?" Elanie says with concern.

Elanie gets up and walks to the door. She opens it to see Mia.

"Hiya!" Mia waves.

"Mia? What brings you here?" Elanie asks.

"What? I can't see the two people I train with?" Mia asks.

"Umm.. yeah?" Elanie replies.

"Then? Can I come in?" Mia asks.

"Sure." Elanie replies.

Mia enters as Elanie closes the door. Seraphina looks to see Mia.

"Mia? Why are you here?" Seraphina asks.

Mia deadpans. "Seriously? Why are you two giving me the stranger vibe?"

Elanie and Seraphina give Mia a confused look.

"Look, are you two still processing the past that me, John and Oliva told you guys?" Mia asks.

"No it's not that. I just didn't expect you to come." Seraphina bluntly says.

Mia sighs. "I see. Or is it that I came at the wrong time because you were talking to Elanie about your feelings with my brother."

Seraphina and Elanie look shocked.

"I heard it because I was using Isen's ability to find your room. I kinda forgot. My bad." Mia says.

"How much did you hear?" Seraphina asks.

"Most of it." Mia replies.

"You gonna tell Oliva about this?" Elanie asks.

"Elanie, Oliva already knows Sraphina likes John. So there's no need to worry. However, you know he's not available Seraphina. It must hurt you but you have to accept that." Mia states.

"It's hard. I always thought he was... available." Seraphina says.

"Yeah, my brother was stupid for making you believe that. Guess him playing cripple for a fresh start really meant hiding me and Oliva as well. Either way, we are here in the present. So! You two wanna do a girls night out? Oliva went to ask Remi and I'm here to ask you two if you wanna join in. What do you say?" Mia asks.

"What are we gonna do?" Elanie asks.

"Honestly, I don't know. Maybe do some girl stuff. Maybe train if you want. Go shopping. Talk about boys. That kind of stuff. Maybe build our friendship. Since we all started off on the wrong foot for certain reasons." Mia says.

"I would say sorry about John but I can't. I'll be honest about that." Elanie says.

"I know. Let's give this friendship a try, ya know? We might need this. All of us. Me, you, Seraphina, Oliva and Remi." Mia says.

"What about John and the guys?" Elanie asks.

"Oh boy. Don't get me started on that. John HATES the idea. Key word hates." Mia responds.

"Sounds like him." Seraphina says with a smile.

"You have no idea. Oliva and I told him to give it a try." Mia states.

"And?" Seraphina asks, waiting for the answer.

"He agreed because Oliva said she would give him the best night of his life. A one time deal." Mia says.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Elanie and Seraphina ask in unison.

"Wellllllllll..... I rather not say. But you might understand." Mia says.

Elanie and Seraphina think for a minute before it clicks. They both turn red.

"Guess you figured it out." Mia chuckles.

"Have they done it before or something?" Elanie asks while still blushing by the thought of it.

"Actually.... No. Not that I recall. But I did know they wanted too but all that shit that happened in New Boston delayed it." Mia shrugs.

Elanie and Seraphina say silent.

"So, what do you two say about a girls night out?" Mia asks.

"Okay. I'm in." Elanie says.

"Sure, why not." Seraphina replies.

"Great! I'll text Oliva and see if Remi is on board." Mia says.