Chpater 7 Lurking in the Shadows

*In a low-tier town*

Three males walk down the street, grinning as they look around.

"Hey, you think we should have fun with one of these low-tier women?" the man asks.

"Last time we did that, the boss was furious because we took forever." the 2nd man states.

"Oh come on. It's not like we weren't enjoying ourselves. Let's go do it once more." the man says.

"Fine but if the boss gets pissed, it's on your head." the 2nd man says.

"Hahaha deal" the man laughs.

The three stop as something pass them quickly.

"What was that?" the 3rd man asks.

"Couldn't see. They're wearing something black and had something covering their face." the 2nd man says.

They look to an alleyway. Nothing is seen from the alleyway.

"Maybe it was just someone pulling a prank. Let's just get this over with." the man says.

"Yes. Let's get this over with" a person says.

The three turn around to see a person with a black cloak and a mask covering their face.

"Who they hell are you?" the man asks as his eyes are glowing blue.

"Are you one of those vigilantes?" the 2nd man questions with his eyes glowing red.

"No. I am something much much worse than those vigilantes. I am the darkness itself!" the masked person responds.

"Eat this bastard!" The man says, firing a energy web. The web gets cut by the masked person's hand. "B-But how?"

"I got him!" the 3rs says, throwing a fireball at the masked person.

The fireball gets deflected back, hitting the person.

"I never seen someone do that before? That's it!" The 2nd man charges at the masked person. "Eat shit you little punk!"

The masked person catches the punch and breaks his wrist.

"AHHHHHH!"

The two look terrified. The masked person grabs the man's throat and crushes it. He drops the person and walks toward the two men.

"Aww hell no. I'm outta here!" the man says.

"Same here!" the 3rd man agrees.

The two turn around, only to get their chest pierced by the two mask people standing in front of them. The two looked surprised and scared, not being able to see their eyes. The two mask people remove their hand, letting the men drop dead.

The three masked people walk to the alleyway, only to disappear in the shadows.

*Abandoned building*
"GAHHHHHH!"

The people look terrified as masked people walk towards them. Looking at his dead comrades. The leader of the group looked terrified.

"W-W-WAIT! LET US GO! I'LL PAY YOU ANYTHING TO SPARE US!" the leader yells.

"The only thing you can offer, is your lives!" the masked woman states.

"DAMMIT ALLLLL! ATTACK THEM! KILL THEM!" the leader shouts.

The masked people charge at the people. Killing them in the process. The leader watched in horror as he looks at his servants being slashed, their throats ripped out, snapping their necks and their heads being crushed. The masked people walk towards the leader.

"*tears drop* Please no. I beg you." the leader looks at one of the masked woman raising her hand, transformed into claws. "No NO NO! I BEG YOU!"

The woman slashes his head off, splitting the head into four slices.

A thump sound is heard and they turn around. Three masked people wait them from the other side.

"We're done for the day. Let's go to Wellston. We had enough of being side track." the masked person says.

They all nod and walk towards them.

*The Next Day*

A person turns on the tv.

"Authorities have reported several people massacre in the low-tier town. Although there's no sign of EMBER doing, the authorities believe to be the work of a different group. We ask that you keep an eye out and stay away from the streets at night. The authorities already have their hands full with EMEBR" the news reporter says before the tv turns off.

"My my. How foolish for them to think that they are working on EMBER case. EMBER and the authorities are basically working as one to stop these vigilantes. No matter. When the time comes, everything will fall into place." the person grins. "Nothing will save them from the DARKNESS."

Simultaneously, eleven other people(Six females and five males) watch the news with evil smiles.