Chapter 87 Watching

*Ember Hideout*
"What's the status of Grass?" Keon asks.

"It seems that they keep switching their members everyday. Each with combination tactics. Abilities that are unheard of." a male says.

"And there are more members of Grass heading to these location." a female says.

Camera feeds pops up.

It shows Killer Croc and Overgirl setting up a machine on the turf war grounds.

The next one shows Psycho Girl and Armored Machine Knights setting up a machine on West Wellston.

The next camera feed shows soldiers and ancient gear knights carrying machine parts. Devoe and Marlize begin setting up the machine.

The next camera feed shows two lightning (orange & purple) circling around and building the machine in South Wellston.

The next camera feed shows Gorilla Grodd and Bane placing a machine down in Branish. Ancient Gear Soliders look around.

The next camera feed shows the destroyed NXGen being frozen by Killer Frost and a tornado lifting it. Wind blades destroy the frozen NXGen remains. Godspeed and another speedster speed around, building a machine.

The next camera feed shows Dark Arrow with soldiers bring parts. Emma and Cassidy begin building the machines.

"What are they doing?" Keon asks.

"Well, we can zoom in. One second." the female says.

The camera feed zooms in.

A/N: Imagine without the wires

"What the heck is that?" Keon asks.

"Not sure sir. There are no records of this kind of machine." the male says.

"Grass must've build this from Scratch." the female says.

Keon slams his hand on the table. "Dammit all. I want information on that machine!"

"We can't. If we come any closer, we will loose our members. They can't get anywhere near them. We don't have many strong forces left." the female says.

Keon clenches his teeth. "So far, what do we know about those people that are building those machines?"

"Unknown. Some of those are machines. And those animal looking people must be abilities being used. Plus, they aren't known in the database." the male says.

"So we are in the dark with them in general." Keon says.

"Yes." the female says.

"And what about the superheroes? Any sign of them?" Keon asks.

"There have been no signs of superheroes ever since Grass made it clear about the invasion. And ever since they begin to roam the streets." the male says.

"And what about the ability amplifiers we distrubed to the low-tier towns?" Keon asks.

"Well..... they were killed." the female says.

The camera feeds close and recordings pop up.

The first recording shows low-tiers being gun downed in Branish.

The next recording shows Broven being attacked by Armored Machine Knights and killing the low-tiers.

The next recording shows amplified female being defeated by Godspeed and killed in the streets of South Wellston.

The next recording shows Deathstroke and Promethues slicing down the gang of mid-tiers in West Wellston.

"So they are making us look like weaklings." Keon growls.

"Indeed. By there are still somethings not answered. Like this one." a male says.

The recording shows three members of Ember backing away from something. Two people in black cloaks and masks appear and kill them. Black smoke covers the whole area and disappears. The two masked people are no where to be seen.

"So there's another party at play." Keon says.

"Yes. And we believe they are hunting down us and Grass." the female says.

The next recording shows five members of Grass being killed by a masked male with a black cloak. Armored machine knights and ancient gear knights get destroyed a masked female. Black smoke covers the whole area and disappears. The two masked people are no where to be seen.

"Where are these people coming from?" Keon asks.

"Not sure. We never heard of these people before. Not until they begin popping up." the female says.

"Argh! These groups are ruining everything! Why did they have to show up! This whole invasion thing is gonna cost us everything! We lost NXGen, ZetaSci and now we are losing our members!" Keon shouts.

They stay silent.

"*sigh* Find out what you can. Anything helps at this point." Keon walks away.

"Right!" the two say.