Chapter 9 Gathering

*Unknown Location*
A group walk inside a warehouse.

"AHHH! This looks so plain. I wonder what I can do to make this place comfy." a female says.

"We were given this spot to do our work, not to relax." a person in a mask responds.

A person in a metal suit appears after he stops running.

"Anything?" the male asks.

"No. Everyone seems to be minding their own business." the person in a metal suit responds.

"You know." The female lies on the floor while kicking the air. "Why can't we just kill everyone in this sad sorry state of a town?"

"We were order to keep watch until the rest came." the person in the mask responds.

"Boo! It's boring. I wanna go kill someone!" the female says.

The person in the metal suit walks toward the female and looks at her.

"What?" the female asks.

The person in the metal suit grabs her and lifts her up. "Listen here. We do as we are told. The boss will kill us if we disobey."

"Ahh shut it. I was joking. Now put me down before I slice your neck when you come out of that tin can of yours." the female says.

"Why you-!" the man in the metal suit was annoyed.

A mechanical hand touches the person in the metal suit. "Put her down. There's no need to fight among ourselves."

The person in the metal suit puts the female down. "Touch me again and I'll kill you" the person in the metal suit threatens.

"Watch your tone or I'll watch for you." the male with the mechanical hand responds.

"Geez. Are they always like this?" the female asks.

"Just rivalry. Nothing more." the man saya.

"Both of you! ENOUGH!" another female yells out.

The group look to see a female with her eyes glowing orange. She approaches the group. "Now listen to me. All this shit needs to stop. We are gonna do what we came here to do. If any of you have a problem with the mission, then come and fight me."

They look at her for a minute before they back away.

"Good. Now prepare the scouting locations. There is work to be done." as the female eyes stop glowing.

*The next day*
'Uhhh! After being pummeled to the floor, I was sent to the infirmary. Luckily Arlo was willing to let it slide as I needed to find more info. Now, let's see what I could find' Isen thinks as he looks at the computer.

He finds John in a class picture. He looks to see Mia and Oliva in the same picture.

"Found y'all!" Isen yells.

"What the-?" Blyke says as he gets startled. "Isen, shut up. You're gonna get us kicked out of the library again!"

"Yeah whatever. Hey man, take a look at this!" as he pulls Blyke closer to the computer.

"Uhhh?" Blyke says in confusion, as Isen points at the screen. "You stalking other girls from different school? Dude, we have a essay due tomorrow." Blyke says.

"What? No, you idiot. Are you blind? I'm pointing at the guy." Isen states.

"So, you're going for guys now?" Blyke questions.

Isen points at the screen "That's John from two years ago. Also, it's the two other girls that John be hanging out with."

Blyke looks at the picture. 'Remind me why I care?' "Why are you looking them up?" Blyke questions Isen.

"U-Um." Isen realizes what Arlo might do. "Actually, that's none of your business."

"What's your problem. You called me over." Blyke says in annoyance.

"Don't you have an essay due?" Isen asks.

"Fucken weirdo." Blyke comments.

"You two again!" the librarian calls out.

*Later*
"Alright you better have something. Your lucky I gave you an extra day after what happened to you." Arlo says.

"Oh yeah. I got your info." Isen says. "After observing John, then doing an interview, the only information he was willing to give was about him being homeschooled and have no ability. After speaking about the low-tiers, he was reluctant to talk about himself. On top of that, his answers were off. None of his actions matched what he said. At first, I though he was an idiot and acts like this because he doesn't know better. However, when questioning his past, he got defensive. In fact, he flipped out and attacked me. So after I looked into his hometown, I found this." Isen gives Arlo the class photo. "That's him from his pervious school. But also, look closely. There's the other two girls that's hanging out with John. Two years before coming to Wellston."

'That's really John? He looks so different. Although, the two girls still look similar with only a few facial changes and height difference' Arlo thinks.

"After thinking about what he said, he's careless, speaks to high-tiers without any problem and starts a fight with whoever he wants. If it weren't for a fact that he claims to be a cripple, it would seem like he does have ability. Don't you agree?" Isen asks.

Arlo smiles and rips the paper up. "Isen, you done enough. I'll take it from here." Arlo states as he smiles.