Imagine #54: Never Let You Go

Fair warning, no one's point of view. 

*************** 

You sat in the bedroom. The blond's arm around you, you snuggled into his side, tears glistening in his eyes, as yours rolled down your cheeks, down to your chin. You blinked hard, he sniffled beside you. You wiped your face without success and shakily stood up. "Where-?" He choked.

You looked meanigfully at him. He dabbed his wet, and red eyes, and stood up. "I'll come with you." He said quitely. You shook your head.

"What if-" You began but he cut you off. "What happened, was in a damn car." He said. "And it's just a few blocks away. Nothing will happen. Not to me, not to you. I'll protect you. I promised him."

You bent your head, tears burning in your eyes, shutting them tight, you balled your fists, pursed your lips into a line, and nodded, your hair falling from your shoulders. He pushed your chin uo, kissed your temple and took your hand.

You gave him a weak smile, and excused yourself for a minute. You went to the bathroom, splashed yor face with icy cold water, and dried it, and sat down on the edge of the bath tub, cathching your breath. Hot tears sliding down your cold face again, you stood up and met him at the door.

He got in the car, you relctantly did so, and buckled the seatbelt. You drove a couple of blocks away, and stopped. You looked at him, he shook his head. You got out and walked over to him, and sat down. 

"Hi." You whispered. "Why didn't you come staright back? I was dying already." Your tears doubled up. "You just sent another knife through me. I'm not accusing you." You stopped. "I'm just saying, that if you did, maybe that wouldn't have happened. Maybe, maybe - I could've held you one more time! It shouldn't have happened like that. It was so unfair. Unfair to me. Unfair to you. Please come back, please. I can't live without you, you can't leave us just like that. And if you're not gonna come back," You began to sob, "do me a favor and stop those nightmares, okay? You're my angel, you always were, and you always will be. You told me not to dwell, on that day, I try, but those dreams, kill me every single time. Stop them and come back. I can't live without you, I love you, please!" You hugged your knees close to your chest and let the tears flow.

FLASHBACK. (Your POV)

He is coming home, back from vacation today. I'm waiting, he had told me to wait at our house, while he went to see his parents first. He said I should stay out so I will.

I set up the house, neat and tidy, made his favorite dinner, I just want him back, so I can hug him, kiss him, cuddle him, take in his scent; I haven't seem him in three whole weeks. He spent New Year's and Christmas in France and Switzerland, he said he needed a change of scenary, and he wanted some time alone. I wanted him to be happy, and I didn't want to be the one to hold him back, so I let him go.

But he is coming back!

And then the phone was ringing, I picked it up, it was Kevin, he told me to get to the hospital as soon as I could, he didn't tell me who was hurt, but he just told me to hurry.

I got there was soon as I could, Kenneth met me at the entrance, he grabbed my hand and ran up to the second floor, down the hall and into a ward.

I swear I died right there. Th sight was...killing me.

There he was, my baby, lying in bed, head draped in bandages, hand holding his side, pained epression, eyes shut in pain, breathing shallow, I ran to him.

"Kendall, what happened?!" I cried running over to him, taking his hand in mine.He opened his hypnotizing green eyes and smiled. "Baby..." He croaked.

"What happened?" I whispered.

"I was coming home, got hit by a - car."

"No. Don't leave me." I said. "I'm not leaving you, I'm right here." He stroked my hair. "I love you, baby girl. I always will. I'll be - gone, in a few" - I shook my head disbelievingly. -"but I want you not to dwell on today, okay? I'll be your guardian angel, baby. I'll look after you. I'll never stop loving you." He said. "Don't forget about me, though" He added. 

"No..."

He kept smiling at me, I sat on the edge of hid bed, and ran my finger through his soft hair. There was total silence as we looked into each other's eyes. "Y/N?" He said after a while. "Yes?"

"Baby, give me one last hug." He said.

"You're gonna be alright, you're not going anywhere." I said, unconvinced of what I had just said myself. He chuckled.

He carefully wrapped my arms around his shoulders, as he put one of his arms on my back and pressed his cheek to mine. "You haven't shaved." I said.

"Oops?" He laughed. I smiled and kissed his hand. "Don't leave me."

"I told you, I'm not. I'll always be in your heart, that is..." He trailed off.

"Are you mad or something?" I asked. "I love you, nobody else, and nor I will, ever, love anyone else."

"Promise?"

"I promise across my heart, and hope to die,"

"Burn my lungs, and curse my eyes." We finished together.

We smiled at each other again. Right there, it seemed like everything would be alright. I believed so.

"Can I talk to Kev? Alone please?" He asked. I nodded and left the room. I was at the door when, "Baby?"

"Hmm?" I turned.

"Kiss me before you go."

I walked back to him, sat down, leaned in and kissed his lips. He kissed back. He knew it was over. But it couldn't be. I put everything in that kiss, and when he pulled away, my eyes cringed to see the way he was looking at me. A passionate stare, it spoke, it told me things, things I don't have to say. "I love you."

Kevin went in and I waited outside with Kathy, who had her face in her hands. She hugged me tight. A few minutes later, Kevin emerged. He told me to go to him, Kathy and him followed.

His breathing was shallower, and faster. Kathy and Kendall talked to each other, and then I don't know, I think he had some sort of seizure, his hands shook, his skin went deadly white, the smile faded, and his eyes rolled back into his head.

"Kendall!" I ran to him and rubbed his hand, crying hysterically. I turned him on hs side and rubbed his back. His breathing slowed, he calmed down, but he was gasping for breath now. I brought my face close to his, "Don't leave me, I love you!"

"I love you - guys and I - love you Y/N. Just d-don't forget- I love- y-you, baby girl..." He stopped, there was a long 'beeeeep' and the waves on that heart monitor, left the screen, and my world stopped.

"KENDALL! NO! NO DON'T LEAVE ME!" I screamed, Kevin held me back. "KEVIN, NO! LET ME GO! KENDALL COME BACK! DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE ME! NO KENDALL!"

He dragged me out of the room , and hugged me tightly. I sobbed into his shoulder.

"Look at your finger." He said after I had calmed down and was sitting silently, staring at the floor. "What?" I whispered. I looked down: There sat a sapphire encrusted ring. What? I rolled it about and stared at the ring. "He said he wanted to marry you this summer, and after the accident, he told me he'd put it on you, but couldn't let you watch him-"

"Don't." I shivered, closing my eyes.

"J-just keep it on...if you think that's right." He said, grabbing his hair and closing his eyes.

Slowly, I took the ring out, I felt something written in there. I looked into it.

Never Let You Go. 

END OF FLASHBACK 

"You know I love you baby. Forever." I said, and before getting up I pressed my fingers to my lips and put hem on his name.

"KENDALL F. SCHMIDT
NOVEMBER 2, 1990- JANUARY 3, 2015
BELOVED SON AND BROTHER
Life's too short to be organized." 

I smiled at him. "And I'll never let you go."