Imagine #104: Love You Until

Person Reading 

I loved watching the leaves fall off the trees. I loved the smell of pies and Halloween. I loved watching little kids play around in the fallen leaves. I loved pushing my boyfriend into those heaps of carefully stacked leaves- putting everyone's effort to waste, and then apologizing and re-stacking the leaf pile.

Kendall and I were taking yet another one of our favorite Autumn-Walks. We were at a camping site, and the leaves were yellow and orange and rust, and more then half of them were on the ground around us. With every gust of wind, more leaves fell but they never seemed to end. We were taking pictures of each other in the leaves when another couple ran out from around some trees laughing at the top of their lungs and breathing heavily.

"I'll love you until I run out of breath!" The girl yelled.
"I'll love you past every fall of the leaves!" The boy shouted at her.

"I'll love you until I stop loving my mom!"
"I'll love you until I stop loving dogs!"

"Are you saying you love dogs more!?"

Their laughter resonated around the almost empty ground, and the leaves continued to fall. Kendall saw me looking at them, rolled his eyes and wrapped his right arm around my waist and turned me around. "Hey." I looked into his eyes, my fingers curling at his shoulder. "Hey."

"You know how perfect this is?" He asked, cocking his eyebrow.
"Tell me."

"There's you..." He trailed off, smiling.
"What? And?"
"There's this really pretty tree..."
"Seriously?" I snickered
"And there's you..."
"What else!?"

"That's all, baby. There's you, and there's a lovely tree, and there's an insanely hot me- but above anything, there's a gorgeous you and around you the leaves are falling, and I feel this is the perfect opportunity to cliche this out and kiss you."

"Proceed, Schmidt."

Smiling like a little kid, he brought his free hand to my cheek and bent his head to kiss me. There was always something about him. Or his lips, either of which- every single time his lips brushed over mine, and every single time I kissed him back, this indescribable feeling went through me. My knees went weak and my heart sped up. My arms would, on their own, hold him tighter and I could simply in three words, not get enough.

Kendall didn't require a lot of time to deepen the kiss and make this leaf-fall more intimate. I smiled against him and pulled away. He pecked my lips one more time before giving me a happy look. I reached up to kiss his cheek, his arms winded from my body and he took my hand in his.

"I'll love you until I can't speak." I said, smirking.
"I'll love you past that." said he, a little red rising around his ears.

But his answer left me stunned for a second. I looked up at him and squeezed his hand. He griped it right back. "I'll love you until I can't bleed."

"I'll love you past that, too." I felt my heart skip a beat, how did I get so lucky? We walked around until we sat down under a tree, me between his legs and his arms around me as we looked over and around us.

This exchange of 'I'll love you until's was carried on, but to everything, his answer was the same: past that, and it was kind of beginning to annoy me just a tiny bit. How much? Past what? What shall past that he'll stop loving me. Everything has a boundary. Countries, houses, yard and parks, lots, oceans, seas and even our body cells have a boundary. The sky has a boundary until it becomes vacuum. The earth has a boundary until it becomes fire. The stars must have a boundary too; so what was his?

"Kendall?"
"Yeah?"
"How much?"
"How much what, sugar?" He asked
"How much, for how long will you love me?"
He sighed and I turned around to sit cross-legged in front of him.
His face fell "What's wrong?"
"Why are you doubting me?" He mumbled in a small voice
"I'm not!"
"Then why do you keep asking me?" He asked, looking amused.
"You think this is funny?"
"A little?"
"Kendall!"

He laughed, leaving me frowning but then he took my face in both of his hands, bending closer to me. "I'll love you until the apples stop having seeds. I'll love you until the earth falls out of its orbit. I'll love you until the stars stop blinking. I'll love you until the moon stops calling to the sea. I'll love you until the sun burns out. I'll love you past the birds' song. I'll love  you past the lion's roar. I'll love you past you stop loving me. I'll love you until the grass stops to grow. I'll love you till the end of time. Okay?" His eyes shining as he looked at me, he smiled.

By this point, I had tears in my eyes and I just jumped up to throw my arms around his neck and just hold him. I felt him smile against my shoulder. "I love you. Okay, I'm sorry. I love you." I whispered. He just chuckled.

Later, we were walking back to our home, and my feet had begun to hurt a bit, and Kendall offered to carry me but I told him to shut up. We were sitting on a bench on the side of a road when suddenly, he stood up, leaves still falling, and stood in the middle of the strangely deserted road. "Kendall what're you doing?"

He didn't answer.

"Kendall!" He didn't look at me, just stared at the road until a Mitsubishi came into sight, still far away but he turned to smile at me. "Kendall Schmidt, what the heck are you doing?" He wouldn't speak. "Kendall! There's a car. Kendall there's a fucking car!"

"Boy do you have death wish!?" I shouted as the car came close. The driver was a young guy and I suspected he wouldn't mind running the tall guy in the middle of the road over. "KENDALL!" I screamed as the car came dangerously close. Panic rose inside me and I did the only thing I could think of. I ran to push him, and myself on the other side of the road. My heart beat a million times per second as he collided with the ground and I fell on top of him.

"Are you CRAZY?!" I shouted, glaring at him when I saw the idiot was smiling.
"Yes, crazy in love with you."
"Shut up! Just shut up! Why would you do that?"
"Because I will love you past death."

"Kendall this is not even cute! This was serious, you don't have to do this kind of crap."
"Yeah, but this way I know how much you care."

"There are other way to check if I care!"
"Yeah, but you care a lot."

"God, I hate you." I got off and pulled him up, instantly hugging him because the thought of losing him was truly haunting. "Don't do that again." I whined into his chest.
"I wont, don't worry baby."
"I love you. Lots, and you should know that."
"I love you more. Past death."
"Don't even use that term again."

-------

Yay!