Imagine #97: First & Last

TRIGGER WARNING: HARMFUL CONTENT

I walked out of my English class and made my way to the cafeteria. I saw kids my age bustling around the lunch line, and I looked out for the ones I knew. I saw Fern and Dawn sitting in a corner. I bit my lip and walked over to them. I forced a smile.

"Hey guys!"

The looked at me. "Ariadne!" Dawn said, "Back in plaids? I like your style, girl." She said. I chuckled nervously and pulled my sleeves lower. "Where's your boyfriend?" Fern asked, smirking. I looked at her, not sure how my face looked like, but I shrugged. "I haven't seen him all day."

And right then, I saw him walking towards us. I didn't smile.
"Hey baby." He kissed me and sat down with his organic wrap. He offered me a bite and I took one before reaching into my bag and pulling out a pack of crisps. "You know," he said. "If you keep eating that junk and I'm not gonna kiss you again." I looked at him. He was wearing that cheeky grin. I couldn't bring myself to even fake a smile anymore. I tried to roll my eyes and went back to eating- then I stopped and put it back in my bag.

"Babe, I'm not serious, trust me." He said.
"I know." I said. Fern and Dawn were talking about something in their History class, and I decided to join in. I knew Kendall was watching me, but I tried to ignore it. 'I can do it.' I told myself.

Then another voice whispered to me. 'You can't.'
'I can.' I fought.
'You can't. Not anymore. You've given in. There's no going back.'

I shook my head like a dog and gulped down half a bottle of water in one go.
"Are you okay? Aria?" 
"I- I'm fine Kendall." I muttered and stood up. "Where are you going?" He asked.
"Nurse's office. I need to go home, I'm not well."
"I'll come with you." He dropped his left over wrap and grabbed his things. "No." I said.
He looked at me, worry in his eyes. "I'll be fine." I tried to assure him.

"Promise me." He said. I took a second, but I promised. He left a lingering kiss on my forehead and smiled. "Give me that cute smile." He whispered. I managed one and then I turned around. At the door, I looked back. Kendall waved at me. I waved back.

I didn't go to the nurse. I went straight home. I bunked.

I spent the day at home, in my room.
I didn't eat.
I didn't sleep.
I didn't do my homework.
I didn't call Kendall.

It was about 10:58 that night when I heard my phone go off.
"Hello?"
"Aria? Babe you didn't call or text me all day- is everything okay?" He sounded so upset.
"I, uh... I'm sorry- I was going to but-"
"Baby are you okay? Please, just tell me that. Are you okay?"
"I'm fine."
"Are you okay?"
"Kendall, I'm okay!" I laughed a little.
"How are you okay? Like, emotional okay, or physical okay?" He asked.

I tried to think my way out of that question, but it seemed like he wouldn't give it up no matter what.

"I'm okay." I told him bluntly.
"Emotionally?"
"Never been since I met you." He laughed.
"Physically?" He asked.

I didn't say. I bit my lip and kept quite.

"Aria- "
"Kendall I'm fine. I "
"Aria what did you do?"
"Nothing! I'm fine!"

"Aria, no. No, no, no. No, you didn't. You didn't."

Tears welled up in my eyes and I threw my phone on the bed. I locked the windows, and I locked the door. I went into my bathroom and I rummaged through the drawers.

'You crave it. You need it.'
'I do. I crave it. I need it.'

'You love it.'
'I love it.'