Imagine #49: Only My Shadow Knows

And a lot of you girls know where I'm going with this....;) 

~~~.~~~.~~~.~~~.~~~ 

Kendall's POV

Y/N.

You're my best friend. Always have been. You don't know, but I always find you so damn perfect, Every time you walk into my room, the sunlight hits your face and lights up your beautiful features. You're so busy making faces at my untidy room, that you don't even notice, but you leave me to stop and stare at you every single time.

Your boyfriend has broken up with you. So predictable. He broke your heart. I knew it, he was always going to. He didn't deserve you, he never did. It was me who did. I was always there for you, I was the one who cared for you most.

Can I just fix your broken heart? Can I show you a different world? Because the cruel world we're in right now, will break your precious heart over, and over, and over again. But I'll always be here to fix it. I'll always be here for you.

I've been loving you for so long, and now that I have the chance, I see you need some time alone. Fine. I'll let you dance on your own for a while. So I'll wait another day, maybe another year, but I'm always gonna be right here.

But is it too soon? Or too late? Should I go? Or should I wait?

I promise, if you gave me the chance, I'll take you anywhere you want, I'll put you on a throne; you'll be my queen. I'd lay down my heart for you, I swear and I'll make sure that you'll never be alone; I'll always be by your side. I'll never let anything, or anybody hurt you.

I wish I could say all these words, all these things that your heart never heard; it needs to be cared for, to be protected, to be loved. I've seen the pain in your eyes, you're so hurt right now. I would do anything to make you smile again. You mean so much to me.

I wish I could tell you all these things, but you only love as a friend, nothing more. And right now, as much as I wish I could tell you, I can't. Our friendship means so much to me, if I can't be close enough to feel your lips on mine and take all your fears and problems away, at least I want to be close enough to hug you close to my body and lessen the weight on your shoulders.

I'll help you through every step of the way, I'll be right here for you, and I will keep my feelings to myself, till you're ready, till you're prepared, till you don't tell me to, I'll always love you no matter what. Every time you fall, I'll be right here to pick you up, I'll be here to brush you off, I'll help you get through anything, just remember...I love you.

"What are you thinking about?" Your voice rings in my ears, bringing me out of my thoughts. I look your way and get blown away by your breath-taking beauty.

"Yeah?" I manage to answer.

"What are you thinking about?" You asked, tilting your head, so you beautiful silky hair falls to the side and forms a curtain that sheilds your face from the beams of the hot sun.

I chuckle as I smile at you before looking at the dark figure parallel to me on the floor.

"Only my shadow knows..."