Imagine #5: Smoke

This is based on my allergies. I know it's weird, but it made me think of him a lot last night and how much I love him so I thought I'm gonna put it in writing. :)

----------------------------------------------------------

I was in the kitchen, doing the dishes. I heard the car door slamming shut and the door opening. I heard foot steps coming closer. I knew who it was, I wasn't the slightest bit surprised when two arms wrapped themselves waist and a scruffy, unshaven chin was pressed against my cheek.

"Hey babe" he whispered sounding oddly sassy.

He kissed my cheek softly.

I smiled and turned off the sink. I turned around, he was smiling.

"Hey" I said putting my hands on his shoulders.

"Where were you?" I asked him

"Hanging out with the guys" he said

"Oh cool!" I said. "Did you guys take a selfie?"

"No, we didn't" he said

I pouted. "Why not?"

"We were all very scruffy."

"You always are." I said chuckling.

"Hey, I do shave!" He said laughing

"I know you do, love" I said

He smiled and pressed his lips to mine.

I pushed him away almost immediately.

He had a funny smoke-ish breath. I couldn't stop coughing.

"Babe, what's wrong?" He asked worried.

I shook my head, still coughing madly, I ran upstairs.

I ran into our room, opened my bedside table and looked around for my inhaler.

I hadn't had to use it for such a long time. I took a deep breath. The coughing stopped for a moment, I used that time to check the expiration date.

It was usable for another few months. I thanked God, and found the Spacer.

The coughing started again. This time, worse. I put the inhaler in the spacer and put it in my mouth. I pressed the top, but nothing happened.

I panicked. My breath coming in sharp gasps now. I shook the inhaler, and pressed the top a few times before it started working properly.

I put it in the spacer again, and pressed it.

The medicine blew into my mouth, it touched my throat, and my breathing slowed down.

I inhaled the medicine the usual six times and lied down, my arm shielding my eyes.

I felt someone sat down beside me.

During all the panick, I probably hadn't noticed when Kendall came upstairs.

I felt his shaking fingers fold themselves around my hand and push it away.

"Babe? Are you okay?" He whispered.

I didn't feel like talking. I sat up, gave him a curt nod, and found the bottle of water I kept beside me. I took a long sip, and lied down again.

Kendall put a quilt over me, and lied down beside me.

I opened my eyes a little and saw him looking very worried.

I closed my eyes.

"Well, it was his fault" I thought.