Imagine #14: Next Step

Based on the duet "Next Step" by Kendall Schmidt and Logan Henderson.

Hope you like it! =)

------------------------------------------

Kendall's (P.O.V)

Step 1:-

(Y/N) and I had been best friends for like, five years. We did everything together. We went to movies, to parks, to carnivals all sorts of places. We helped each other a lot too. She called me whenever she was sick or wanted to talk to someone, or was going through a hard time. I understood her. I knew everything about her. I even beat up her ex once for cheating on her. I hate to see her sad. It's the same with me too. I call her whenever I like. She's always there for me. She's helped me write a few songs too. She's just great!

Step 2:-

But now, things are different. I just can't take my mind off of her. She's so funny, so cute, so sweet. She's just perfect in every way. The way she laughs, the way her eyes sparkle. No matter how she dresses, she looks beautiful. Her lovely (your hair colour) hair flies in the wind behind her. And the pouty face she makes when she's goofing around.

But her feelings for me aren't the same as mine are for her. To her, we're just good friends.

Step 3:-

We went to a carnival yesterday. She really wanted this big fluffy brown bear but she had spent her tockens on the large candy floss we had just shared. So I tossed the ball and the tower of cans fell, three times in a row, and the bear was hers. She was so happy. She beamed at me. And then, she put the bear aside, and threw her arms around me. I was beyond happy. I put my arms around her back, and hugged her tightly.

Step 4:-

After I gave her the bear, went for a walk in the park. We sat down after a while.

But she broke the silence.

"Kendall?" she asked.

"Yeah?"

"Can I tell you something?" she asked

"Sure, why not!" I said

She looked down.

"(Y/N) what is it?" I asked her

She looked up at me again. She was blushing.

"I like you"

I was beyond happy. She said she liked me! My heart thumped wildly with joy.

"I like you too" I said and grinned.

She smiled at me.

Then I did it. Something I had been longing to do for so long. Something I couldn't do because of the way I felt about her. I kissed her. And she kissed me back. It was the happiest moment of my life.

But from that moment on, we weren't just friends anymore...

                                                     ------------ A Few Weeks Later --------------

Step 5:-                                                                                                                                                                      

I was drunk. I knew I was drinking too much. I was trying to stop before I totally lost control of my self. But then this girl came and shoved another glass down my throat. I looked at (Y/N) she had her hands over her mouth, and tears in her eyes. Then someone turned me around, and the girl kissed me. I just heard a distant yell before I passed out. "NO!"....

Step 6:-

I woke up. My head felt extremely heavy. I just remembered drinking a lot last night. I sat up. I was in my shared apartment with (Y/N). But where was she? How did I get home? What happened last night? And why was I lying on the couch? Then I heard her coming down stairs.

I jumped up.

"Babe!" I called brightly.

I moved towards her.

"Don't touch me" she said as I held her face in my hands to kiss her.

"What's wrong?" I asked

But her eyes were flooding with tears.

I felt a pang in my stomach. She was really sad.

"Babe I -"

"Don't call me 'babe' !" she shouted.

"(Y/N) what...?" My voice tralied away as I realised what might've happned last night.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry! I didn't mean to!" I apologized.

"Kendall, whatever you did, hurt me. I tried to stop you but you didn't listen!" she said

"Look I'm sorry! I tried to stop! I just remember that girl with that glass of vodka. She just shoved it down my throat! There was nothing I could do!" I said

"You could've pushed her away! You could've knocked the glass out of her hand! But what did you do? You kissed her!" she stormed at me.

"Look I'm really sorry! You know I didn't mean to...."

"Kendall," she said through gritted teeth. "just get out. I - don't - want - to - see - you - ever - again."

My heart broke into a thousand pieces. She hated me. I knew it was my fault. But not entirely.

Step 7:-

I stood where I was. But then she pushed me out the door.

I had to tell her how much I loved her even if she hated me.

I turned around. I felt oddly weak to see her cry like that.

Nevertheless, I took her face in my hands, and kissed her. More passionately than I had ever done.

To my surprise, she kissed me back. I knew she still loved me. But she was too angry to even look at me.

I pulled away after a while. She looked at me one last time and closed the door on my face.

Step 8:-

My eyes started to itch. Tears rolled down my cheek. I had made the worst mistake of my life.

I had lost her, the love of my life, hated me....

And now, we weren't even friends anymore.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you want them to get back together? Let me know, okay? Pretty please?

P.S If they get back together, the story will take place in the instrumental period.