Imagine #31: Last Wish (Part 1/4)

Lisa Edelstine as the nurse!

--------------------------------------------------------

Your POV

I have Lung Cancer and I’m in the hospital right now. Crying, for a change. Mom and Dad left a while ago. I am totally fine with it, because besides the fact that they don’t really know me, I have a really nice nurse who takes care of me 24/Seven.

I was thinking about him when she came inside.

“Hey sweetie. What’s up?” She asked

“Nothing much.” I said and wiped my eyes, hastily.

“I’ve noticed you’re a little sad about something.”

“I’m dying. Let’s throw a wild party with strippers and celebrate.” I said sarcastically.

“Look, sweetheart, I know about that, but it’s something else isn’t it?”

I sighed.

“You really wanna know?” I asked her.

She nodded and smiled.

“There’s this guy.” I said leaning my head back, closing my eyes and grinning.

“Who?”

“I’ll give you a few hints, okay?” I asked opening my eyes and sitting up.

“Shoot!”

“Okay. So, he’s tall, he’s got dirty blond hair, the most brilliant green eyes and he’s an actor, singer and song-writer.”

“That’s easy. You’re talking about Kendall Schmidt!”

“How’d you know?!” I asked, my eyes wide. Surprised by the fact that she knows him for mostly all the adults I know, think they’re gay. I mean, seriously. How do they even figure that out? Having perfect complexions, straight teeth, long hair and pink lips doesn’t mean they’re gay. It only means they take good care of themselves and love what they do and what they are.

“I’ve got a nine-year-old daughter who grew up watching Big Time Rush.”

“How could anyone want anything else?!”

She laughed.

“They are good idols.”

“They’re AMAZING!”

“Yes, yes. I know.” She smiled.

“Okay, anyway. Well, now you know. What’re you gonna do?”

“Depends. What do you want to do?”

“I wanna meet him. I mean, now everyone knows I’m dying, so would it kill” –not that it needs it. “to have my dying wish come true? Annie, that’s what I want. That’s my last wish. I wanna met him. In person, a Skype chat. Whatever.”

She thought for a moment, leaning against the wall, her lips slowly moving around in a circle. Then she spoke.

“Did you mom leave your iPad here?”

“Yeah, it’s over there on the table. Why?”

She brought it over.

“Got a Vine ID?”

“Yeah. I’ve got a few hundred followers. Why?”

“Great. So we’ll just make a video to tell everyone what’s happening and aske them to start a hash tag on Twitter : Y/NsLastWish. Then I’m sure Kendall would notice.”

“I don’t think that’s possible.”

Find your passion and run with it. Anything’s possible.” She quoted

I smiled.

“Yeah, okay. But come on, Annie. I’ve got thousands of followers on Twitter. I’ve spent hours Tweeting and Tweeting that dork. But either my laptop is an electronic ass and doesn’t deliver my Tweets, or Kendall just doesn’t bother to even give a second glance to my Tweets. I-I’m the only person he doesn’t notice. It’s like I’m invisible to him!” I ranted breaking down in tears.

“Oh, When the Lights go down in the City,

You’ll be Right and Shiny Bright.

You’re a Star that Sky’s the Limit,

And I’ll be right by your side..” I joined.

Ohh, You’re not Invisible to Me.

Ohhh, you know, You’re Not Gonna Be Invisible!” We finished and I smiled.

“I guess you’re right.” I looked down.

“Well, then go pop-star!” She smiled, but paused. “Speaking of which, you’ve got a nice voice. You should try out for The Voice next season.” She smiled.

“Yeah, I’ll do that when Kendall will join the judging panel.”

She laughed and held up the iPad.

“Hey guys. This is Y/N. You probably know me, because I’m the idiot who doesn’t stop Vining about Kendall and the BTR and HD. Anyway, I’m in the hospital right now. I’ve got cancer and I’ve got like a month or two to live. And they reason I’m making this video is that my last wish, is to meet our idol, Kendall Schmidt. So please, use the hash tag in the caption, and spread the word and please help make my last wish come true. Thanks a lot, and I’m gonna miss you all.

Your RusherSis, Y/N.” I held up two fingers to make a ‘V’.

When Annie posted the video and set the iPad aside, I saw she had tears in her eyes.

“Hey Annie. Listen, when I die, I’ll leave all my BTR posters and stuff to your daughter in my last will and testament.” I winked. She laughed and rubbed her eyes. She sat down beside me and hugged me tightly. “I’m gonna miss you, sweetie. You’re better than anyone who’s ever been here and you’ve made me laugh a lot this past month. Plus, I’m sure Kendall’s gonna notice that video. He can’t ignore a beautiful like you for long.”

“Yeah, beautifully sick.” I said.

She chuckled and went to get my dinner.

It was chicken soup. Again.

“Can’t I have a cheese pizza?”

“You had one last weekend!”

I laughed. “Okay, okay. Fingers crossed?”

“Yep. Don’t worry, Y/N. You’ll be just fine.” She said and put the tray in front of me and turned on the T.V.

“Can we watch the Big Time Movie?” I asked. She smiled.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote and Comment please and Feedback too?