Imagine #26: Shadow Selfies

Your POV

I was walking to my best friend, Kendall's house. He's got blond hair, a long, straight nose, and striking green eyes. We've known each other for the past five years. But the thing is, I've always liked him more than a friend.

I like him. A lot.

I knocked on the door and Kathy, Kendall's mom, appeared in the doorway.

"Hello, dear. Kendall's upstairs in his room."

"Thanks, Mrs. Schmidt."

She smiled and let me in "Are you hungry?" She asked

"A little."

"Come on, I just made these muffins." She said putting a batch in front of me.

"Alright then, but just one." I smiled.

"Sure." She turned away.

I bit into one.

"Oh, this is amazing!"

"Thanks sweetie!"

"Mom! Is Y/N here yet?!" I heard Kendall calling from upstairs.

"Oh well. Maybe later." I smiled and put the hall eaten cupcake back on the tray and made my way down the hall and upstairs. I knocked on the second door from the right.

"If it's Kevin, go away. If it's you, Y/N, come in please." He shouted from inside.

I opened the door to the usual shirt-strewn floor and the messy bed.

"Hey. Where are are you?" I called.

"Oh hey, cutie!" He said emerging from the side and pulling on a red shirt with a silver Gap logo. He stopped in front of me. "What's up?"

"Nothing much. You ready?"

"Ready to what?"

"Science!"

"Oh yeah. Come on."

So we sat down on the bed and flicked through our books and opened chapter seven of biology. Diseases & Microbes.

"I don't understand this crap." He said after 15 minutes of poring over the same page. He scanned the green page again and then looked at me.

"What is the hard in learning the frickin' definition of a Compost?" I asked after explaining the definition again.

"It bounces off my head. How did you do it?"

"Don't ask."

He laughed. OMG his laugh.

"Okay. One more time?" I asked

"Okay. And then we do something else."

I rolled my eyes. "Sure."

He smiled and sat a little straighter.

"When rotten plants, are piled into a heap, the bacteria or microbes act on it, and produce an enzyme that turns it into a sort of liquid and then the feed on it. This stupid and disgusting process is called a "Compost." Got it?" I asked.

"The crappy heap of plant shit is called Compost?" He joked.

I laughed. "Yeah. Now Bio Degradables?"

"We're doing something else." He told me

"You are going to flunk the test!"

"No, I'm not." He said

"Yeah, you are. Cause you're not paying attention!"

"Look, I've done as much as I can. And just one def. of bio-whatever's is left. It won't hurt to leave one thing. And besides, you deserve a break too."

I thought for a moment. True, I do need a break.

"Why are you trying so hard to make me study?" He asked

"Cause friends watch out for each other, and remember sir Grouchy said he's gonna change our seats so we can't pass notes or talk at all?" I reminded him.

"Aw, you're doing that so we can talk? Sweet." He smiled

"Shut up." I said returning to the book.

"Hey look at the shadows!" He said

I looked and saw our shadows on the wall. Very clear, and sharp.

Click!

Kendall took out his mobile and took a picture. Soon, we were posing madly and taking pictures in the mirror. Then Kendall held up his index finger. I put mine across his and made an "X". I took the picture. He held his palm in the air. I calmed mine against it, forming a weird, but beautiful shadow of two hands joined in mid-air. Both of us took the picture. Then he curved his hand into a half-heart shape. I curved mine, completing the heart. We took the picture.

I looked up at him, he looked down, not smiling. His eyes full of passion. He stared at my lips, then he leaned in and the next thing I knew his lips were moving with mine and his arms were no longer suspended in the air but gripping my waist.

A soft sigh and a Click!

A camera snapping a picture, and we jumped and broke apart. Kendall looked around. His mom was standing in the door way. She quickly turned and walked away.

"I, er.. I should get going." I blushed and turned away.

"No, don't go." He whispered holding me back.

"Good bye, Kendall." I moved away. But I felt a tug at my fingers. I looked back. Our fingers were still locked. Kendall smiled at hem, but I hastened to pull them away.

I made my way home still thinking about the kiss.

I got a text from Kendall as soon as I was inside the front door.

[TEXTING]

K: I made mom delete that picture.

M:  OK. Thnx.

K: But I still have it. ;)

M: What?! Why?

K: Our first kiss?

M: Can u send it to me 2?

K *PHOTO*

M: Well...

K: It's umm nice.

M: Yeah

K: Will you be my girlfriend Y/N. I mean I've liked you forever and I know you kissed me back and we ARE friends- and I'll take you out this weekend if that suits you?

M: Er...

K: What?

M: Nothing

K: Then?

M: Yes! :D

K: I had fun

M: Excuse me?

K: Excused, girlfriend. ;) lol I was talking about the shadow and selfies and science ofc.

M: Oh yeah. Me too. (^_^)

K: So, tomorrow night?

M: Sure. Goodnight boyfriend. :)