Chapter 47: Broken Shell

(Music is set to this Chapter. At START play the track Toberu Mono. And stop at END)

Saku was left with awestruck at what Emiko had done. He just looked...and looked at the two hands which were enclosed upon his "Is this real?" he said in disbelief "I'm not...dreaming" he then softly closed his hand, on Emiko's hand above his own "It's real. I can...feel it"

"I can...feel your hand too" said Emiko "It's strong...but gentle. We won't let you...be alone anymore" it was then Angel stepped by Emiko's side

"Or without friends Emiko"

Saku turned to Angel, who wore a bright smile "Saku...come with us. Away from the darkness. You don't belong there"

"But...I'm not sure if I can" he said timidly to which Angel walked to his right side putting her hands upon his good shoulder

"Then I'll help you...on the first few stepss"

"As will I" said Aeron going to Saku's left side "Here...let me assist also" she softly took his left arm, being mindful of his wounded shoulder "I too wish to stay by your side...like I originally wanted"

"Saku come on...step forward" said Emiko tugging his hand "And away from the darkness"

The three girls gently pushed, or pulled, at Saku's body. They were not forcing him...but encouraging him to step forward. Saku didn't resist their tugs, nor did he want to...his body, as if on its own accord, just began to step forward. He walked slowly, taking a pause between step, but surely...towards the light of the corridor. The girls...just guided him, out of the passageway to which he stumbled forward, took a big gasp of air, and stood in the corridor of light.

Angel and Aeron came away from him and went a little round his front "Saku...are you okay?" said Angel a little worried "You nearly fell there"

"No I'm fine. It's just...I felt this...cold wave just hit me" said Saku "It's hard to explain really" it was then the pain, of his bullet wound, picked up again "agh...pick a good time to throb would you?"

"Just hold on till we get medical supplies" said Aeron "or until our energy recovers okay? For now we should head to hangar 5. Lady Empress is waiting" Emiko stepped a bit forward, tugging a bit at his hand

"Come...let us go" said Emiko and with a nod Saku walked onwards.

Zarla stood outside an open room, watching carefully down the corridor until, and to her relief, the group of four were walking to them "Thank goodness...they were able to bring him back" they all approached Zarla with smiles

"Empress...we were able to get him" said Angel happily "and bring him here with us"

"Lady Empress..." called Aeron "Thank you for your assistance. I'm most grateful" with a nod Zarla smiled

"It was my pleasure and Saku" she said putting a hand on his good shoulder "I'm glad to see you back" Saku looked up at her...with mild surprise in his eyes. He looked like he wanted to talk, his mouth even opening, but remained silent "It's okay...we can talk later. Come...inside"

Zarla gestured inside to the room, which was just a simple rectangle. The floor was covered in soft fur, with cushioned seats lined upon both walls. Two cabinets were upon each wall, with a flat black screen on the back. Everyone came into the room, Zarla making last minute checks  "Okay then are we all in?" she said looking round "Alright (Clap,clap) onwards please" with that the doors slid shut while a mild humming filled the air.