Arc 3 - Chapter 6: The Profiler

Saku made it back to his room, where Leyla waited for him with a drink of milk looking sleepy "Saku there you are? I was waiting to see if you came...my goodness Saku! You're hurt!" Leyla saw the cuts to his face and body "What happened?"

"Leave it as...a few punks who thought I was easy prey" said Saku sighing "sorry if I kept you up"

"No, it's okay...here sit down I'll get some bandages"

"You don't ha-" but Leyla was already gone "Never mind"

Saku sat down to let Leyla apply a few plasters to his face, and wipe down his cuts "Thanks a lot Leyla...you didn't have to do this but thanks"

"Well you were looking after me...so I'm helping you too" said Leyla "Or should I have not?" Saku lightly patted her head

"You did what you thought was right, and acted on it...no shame in that alright?" Leyla smiled slightly "Well fancy some supper before bedtime?"

"Supper? What's that?"

"It's a human thing, where we have a light meal before bedtime"

"Oh sure, okay. Well there's some yogurts in the fridge, those dairy pot things"

"Then let's have those"

As the two sat in bed, yogurts in hand Leyla sighed "What's with you?" asked Saku "worried about something?"

"Hhm...it's the competition" she said nervously "I'm getting worried now, of how hard the fights will soon be"

"Pointless you worrying about it...it's going to happen whether we want it to or not" she hung her head slightly "But the fact you're worried, means you're doing a lot better than you think"

"Huh!? I...don't understand"

"Worrying of the future, shows you're actually normal. The way I see it, there are two kinds of fighters. Those who worry of the future, and those who know their strength carries them far. Those who do worry to their future can't show it or risk having their weakness exposed"

"And the other scenario?"

"For those who carry a big ego, they should never underestimate their opponent. Just because one looks weak doesn't mean they are weak" he then loudly yawned "right come, I need some sleep...got a fight in the morning"

"Alright then, good night"

"Good night"

As Saku was about to sleep "I can't get that name out of head...Mochi. Why? That name...is bothering so much but I can't put a face to that name. I don't even know it's it actually a girl or dudes name. Well...I guess it doesn't matter at this point. If it's that important that name will come back to me" as he closed his eyes, he opened then and suddenly bolted downstairs to the front door "Who's there!?" he heard rapid footsteps that vanished quickly "Is someone...stalking me or what?"

"Saku what's the matter?" called Leyla tiredly

"Nothing, nothing. Go back to sleep"

The next morning came and as everyone stepped to the Arena it was hive as activity as the matches were underway. Saku's friends all took their places in the stands, Without Zarla who had to preside elsewhere, Ozway watching over this one. Zak'ryon was watching the matches while Saku was eating a Quoladin roll "Hmm...nice food on the go"