Arc 3 - Chapter 24: Waning Restraint

Saku was in a dark and very unpleasant place. He was laid down but moaning quite audibly as he tried to move but jet black tendrils kept him in place pulling him back down again and again. Saku felt his strength fade and more of his body being pulled away "Saku!" the woman of long flowing air and bright white came to him and her very glow caused the darkness to hiss and burn until she prized Saku from the darkness.

The woman held Saku, his body stained black in places including most of his face. The woman glided her hand to Saku "You must fight it...I know it's hard but you have to fight it. Please don't give in not...yet..." he noticed something odd and looked hard frowning "I see what's happening...sorry Saku forgive me" she aimed out her hand, feeding the darkness making it grow "I promise it will all be over soon"

"Saku...Saku hey...Saku!" Katsia's voice rang out

"Time to awake young one. Hang in there"

"Saku, Saku hey wake up!" Saku saw Katsia above him not looking happy "Don't make me soak you"

"I'm up, I'm up!"

Saku sat up to see Katsia above him with Aeron "Jeez I think Sukura overdid it, or Lady Zarla either one. It's late morning, we have to report to the stadium in an hour"

"Wha-Why?" asked Saku sleepily

"The Emperor has requested we all be there" said Aeron "within the hour to announce the turn order for the next bout of matches"]

"Huh...he wants to see us in person? And why didn't you wake me up sooner!?" he exclaimed

"We tried but you refused to get up!"

"Why not just knock me out of bed then!?" he replied irritably

"Should have done it then" replied Katsia not caring for his attitude "now get your rear into gear let's go"

"Then get lost and let me get dressed!" 

As the girls went down, Aeron seemed anxious "Is...Saku okay? His mood has been slowly deteriorating by the day he sounds less like himself with each passing day"

"I...too have noticed that" said Katsia a bit anxious "his mood in particular has worsened as the days have gone...even Emiko is taking the strain though more literally"

"Emiko is tied to the soul she is bound to. If the soul wavers her own as well only she isn't as resilient as Saku is"

"here's hoping we get to the end of this...for her sake"

On the other end, at the Stadium Ozway was preparing but for now was on his own examining a black fire that spark from his hand. It had a red core and was crackling "The time is now...we can't postpone it any longer" Ozway put two finger to his head "Come in"

"what is it?" asked a badly distorted voice

"Phase 2 is about to launch. It's sooner than anticipated but its here"

"You mean it took way longer, the original estimate was over a month ago"

"Don't remind me. The only good thing that came from it was I have a back-up plan should Phase 2 fail"