Chapter 62: Heart-Warming Occasion

The group were now sitting to the table, enjoying a meal to celebrate Saku's awakening.  Katsia had just arrived with a small package in hand. Aeron took a seat opposite Angel and Katsia on the right side of the table being nearer Saku. As Katsia sat down she bowed forward "I thank you for inviting me to your meal this evening. It's a kind gesture"

"It's alright Katsia" said Angel "I know you're not this used to eating with friends but no need to be so formal"

"Oh...right. Yeah okay"

"Well...she is a Princess" thought Saku "So she might have only eaten with family"

"Well...I didn't want to come here empty-handed like before, and upon hearing of Saku's recovering health...I'd thought I'd bring this"

Katsia's thick hair tails tapped upon the tub she held in her hands "I decided to bring a treat I imported from my home Polaris. But I felt it proper I'd bake them myself...and here they are" Katsia popped the lid to reveal the tub filled with different coloured cookies in the shape of hexagons, a little smaller than a drink coaster. They were four colours, yellow, brown, white and red.

"Whoa...that's a lot of colours" said Emiko leaning forward to look "What are they Katsia?"

"These are Kumalees, a special treat in four flavours. Now...it's been a while since I've made them" she said rubbing her hands to her side, her hair tails doing the same "So...they might not be very good"

"Well...we can only try" said Aeron "Now then...let us eat and enjoy"

It was then the whole group began to simply tuck in to the food in-front of him. Angel was the first to reach for the Quoladin and cut some slices onto a plate "Here you go Saku. I know how much you like them"

"Thank you...Angel" he said as she placed the plate before in "Now grab a Duon, a Arotory and a bit of Totalis"

"Oh here" said Aeron who was cutting the Totalis into slices "You can have this" between a knife and fork she passed a piece to his place

"Thanks Aeron...and I'm going in" Saku simply dived into his food, starting with the Totalis which he chewed somewhat quickly. He also took a mouthful of the Duon, taking rapid bites, followed by a big chunk of Arotory before taking a long drink

"Easy easy" said Emiko "If you don't slow down you'll choke"

"Remember he hasn't eaten for three days" said Katsia "So I can't blame his rate of consumption. But still ease yourself" he took a breath out after the drink

"That hit the spot" he said satisfied "that shuts up the stomach now it's no longer empty"

"Was it annoying you to be filled was it?" giggled Angel

"Yeah it was. I could feel it clawing at me. I'll eat a bit more slowly now. I'd rather not choke on good food"

Saku took the piece of Quoladin given to him and ate it with a small grin "Is it just as good as normal?" asked Angel expectantly with Saku answering with a nod "That's good. It's quite nice knowing someone else eats it besides me. It means that I get to share it"

"I've heard of this delicacy" said Katsia "that is has a very rich taste...but only to very particular people"

"Would you like some?"

"If I can...yes please"

"Then here...but a little warning" Angel passed a piece to her, held between fork and knife "Everyone else...oh minus Saku has commented on its very strong flavour"