Chapter 88: A Show of Wings

The first day of Round 1, of Stage 3, was coming to a close but Saku and friends made the most of it with a evening meal. As normal, foods were on the table some of which familiar including Totori which were Christmas shaped biscuits with green icing, Quoladin which had the shape of bread though purple and Jovan apples. New foods came in the form of red fruity looked domes in a bowl that seemed to wiggle, Kumalees that Katsia had brought with her once more and what looked to be giant blue banana.

Everyone was already tucking in to the food, Saku going for the Quoladin as normal which for Katsia just amused her "I'd like to know how your taste-buds can handle that thing"

"I'd like to know how you freaked out over this thing" replied Saku

"Each to their own tastes" said Emiko who was eating the red fruit looking dome with some delight "My word...this so flavourful, what's this called?"

"How to put it...?" said Angel thinking "Well what you're eating is a meat...but not quite a meat"

"How do you mean?"

"It's a odd rarity of vegetable...called the Pseudons" said Aeron "They can only grow in warm or rainy climates, so they are common on cousin's world for example but very rare on mine. What's more depending on where they grow varies their taste"

"For my world, Shalongal" said Angel "Pseudon's are somewhat common, with a flavour closer to a meat product"

"For our world the Pseudon's are sweet" said Katsia before adding "Really...really sweet. So sweet that...that it actually corrodes teeth on contact"

As Saku cringed a little before turning to the Blue banana looking item "so...what's this Banana looking thing? This is a new one" Katsia scoffed a little before putting on a upper-class like tone

"This is a delicacy type dessert...called the Polasanay" Katsia said proudly "It's a welcome treat for all families back on home world"

"What kind of item is it?" asked Angel "Is it like fruit...or like cake or something?"

"More closer to the second one...but you'll have to wait and see"

As the meal drew a close, everyone having finished Saku helped Aeron and Angel wash-up and put away the dishes as Emiko and Katsia laid out the bowls and serve the Polasanay. Emiko then called "Okay everyone...the item is ready please come get it"

"Alright we're coming" said Angel finishing with everyone sitting to the table. Everyone saw the Blue banana had been cut into sections, the outside looking hard and the inside almost mousse like in appearance.

Katsia picked up her spoon "Well then please...everyone dig in" she said before spooning out the mousse and eating it with a hum. Emiko was the first, eating it like Katsia to find a smooth and sweet texture

"This has an almost gentle flavour" said Emiko "It doesn't taste of much at first but it builds quite clearly"

"That's what I like about it"

"Well...me next I next" said Saku who put it in his mouth...but quickly regretted it

Saku did taste a smooth texture, but as the flavour built his taste buds were overwhelmed before he swallowed and coughed "Aghh...agghh...awwww"

"What's wrong?" asked Katsia a little irritated "Did you not like what you sample?"

"Can I be honest...and say...no" he said looking rather off-put "Sorry about it...but whatever that was...didn't at all taste right" Saku had to get up, and poured himself some water before drinking it down