Chapter 26: A Voice From The Dark

Saku had seen a girl who had fallen over and went to check on her. As he looked on her he had a minor headache, seeing a girl whom he had never met, Saku had met with a young girl who called herself Leyla Haruko "Leyla...I'm Leyla Haruko"

"Leyla...Haruko?" said repeated Saku "Well as I asked before, are you sure you're alright?"

"Yeah...yeah. I'm...I'm okay"

"Look I know your lying to me" Saku pointed to her bruised head "or is that bruise a beauty spot?" Leyla just looked away in shame "Come on...get up" Saku grabbed her arm and helped her to her feet.

Leyla Haruko looked about 10-11 and was about where Saku's ribs start in height. Her dark, nearly red, pink hair looked shoulder length down her back but her bangs of hair were longer. She had long and very neat, and also thick, quill like bangs that went down past her face. Two quills sort of framed her face and reached her chest while the two outer quills went down towards her waist.

Leyla had light magenta eyes with a somewhat innocent gaze. Her eyes looked upon Saku with some sense of anxiety as he approached "Right let's have a look then" Leyla flinched from him "whoa easy...I haven't even touched your head. Just hold still" Saku pressed his hand on her forehead, Leyla watching him very closely

"Is she alright?" asked Emiko coming over "Oh her head is bruised"

"She merely bonked her head stop worrying"

"That's good. Still it's best I fix her up" Leyla looked closely at Emiko's hand which became embalmed in water "Leyla...I'm going to put this on your bruise, so it'll heal nicely"

Leyla didn't really reply and instead just observed them. She looked upon Emiko, starting at her feet, to her chest and then to her smiling face "You'll be okay. Just hold still a moment"

"You should be a bit more careful" said Saku drawing Leyla's attention "I've got enough from one girl who trips over herself" Leyla did the same thing looking at Saku's feet, then chest and then his face, particularly his eyes. Her eyes narrowed for a moment but then widened with her quietly gasping.

Emiko had shortly finished and brought back her hand "there you go. Your head is all better now"

"Oh...umm...thank you Ms" replied Leyla timidly

"Leyla...hoy Leyla!" all of them, Angel included, turned to the boys and girl, that had passed them by previously who came running back.

Like Leyla they seemed to wear the same uniform, albeit a different colour. The boys had dark green jumpers and black trousers, the girl a silvery jumper-dress and black skirt. The girl had chin length black hair in two ponytails, one boy had scruffy ginger hair and the second very spiky platinum blonde hair. They all looked of the same height and age.

All three looked unhappy with the ginger boy speaking "Layla...what arreee you doing? We have got a schedule to keep"

"Did you fall over again?" said the blonde haired boy

"What did you trip over this time?" said the girl almost mockingly "Your feet or the air?" Saku then spoke

"She slipped on a wet-patch on the floor" he lied to them making Leyla turn to him "she was trying to keep up but she slipped and fell on her head"

The ginger boy looked round the floor "I don't see a puddle anywhere"

"That's because we cleaned it up" said Angel following Saku's lead to cover for Leyla "Otherwise everyone would be slipping more than if they were on ice"