Chapters 102: Soothing Song of the Deep

After breakfast time Angel and Saku were now on their way. Saku was in a V-Neck grey jumper with a black t-shirt underneath and black pants with white stripes while Angel wore her battle outfit. They were on their way to a coffee stop, with Saku suggesting his plans to prepare against Adrian "Well...I just thought it might be best I bring some swimwear to the fight"

"Huh how come?" asked Angel

"When I fight Adrian...I'm going to get wet. So I'll need clothes that won't weight me down"

"I get you...so a light t-shirt, swim-shorts and your trainers. So you can get wet and not be too worried about being bogged down"

Saku flexed his arms, and tensed his muscles "As for today I just want to spend it today on swimming around. It'll be a change to have some casual exercise"

"You should try to slot in some combat training" said Angel to him "Though only today and tomorrow. You do have the 3rd day...but you should take it easy, you don't want to go fighting on aching muscles"

"Then I'll need your help with that"

"Really?"

"I'd like to use the Seraphim tuner in the battle. I know for a fact once I push Adrian to a good degree...he'll flood the battlefield, leaving me a little lacking on room"

"I get you. So while he can swim...you'll be able to fly" Angel then patted her chest "Then I'll be your aerial sparring partner for that session, Aeron too"

"Speaking of Aeron...it seems they've all gathered"

Waiting for them on a bench, with beverages in hand were Aeron, Emiko and Leyla. Emiko was the first to spot them "Angel...Saku over here. Good morning to you both"

"Good morning to you, and to you Leyla...good morning" Angel replied with Leyla timidly replying

"Good morning"

"Did you all rest well?" Aeron asked out of politeness "I assume by your happy demeanours that your rest was a peaceful one"

"The night was fine, the morning could've been better" said Saku

"Saku's opponent...is Adrian" said Angel "the boy who we saw defeat Jonas the other day"

"A...formidable opponent it seems" said Aeron "His ability to dance through the water is not to be denied"

"Tell me about it" Saku said with a groan "sheesh"

Leyla seemed anxious "What is it...you're going to do Saku?"

"All I can do practise and train" he replied simply "Obviously I need to work on my swimming, but otherwise I can only prepare. So for the morning I'm going to get some swimming in, then in the afternoon some training"

"Then may we care to join you?" asked Aeron "we all need some preparation for the upcoming battles, and swimming provides exercise to all muscles"

"I'd...like to come too" said Leyla "Am I alright to join you?"

"Of course you are Leyla" Emiko said happily

"Then shall we all go?" asked Angel

"Not quite yet" said Saku going to his OSCOM "one moment...call Katsia Briar please"

While Angel and Emiko seemed surprised, Saku waited a minute before "This is Katsia speaking. Saku what a surprise you called me. Since I have a spare minute I can indulge in your curiosity"