Chapter 89: Infectious Torment

The first match was now underway, with two close-combat fighters already going at it. In the combatants stands was already array of fighters, Angel and Zak'ryon included the former looking round a little nervous "Where is everyone?" Angel said searching "I was expecting them to be here by now...at the very least Katsia being the stickler she is"

"For once...I can't really call them lazy" said Zak'ryon "since the matches were put forward after all"

"Yeah I know. Saku, everyone...where are you?"

"Cousin...Cousin!" called Aeron with Angel perking her ears up

"Message from above...we're coming in" called Emiko to which Angel looked up to see Aeron, Saku, Angel and Katsia all flying towards her – Katsia being carried though -

"Oh thank goodness you made it " Angel made a relieved breath out "I was starting to think you wouldn't make it"

Katsia was gently put down, all three others landing while Saku reverted to normal "Hey everyone...you made it" Angel said with a bright smile

"Sorry we're late...I guess we stood idle too much" said Emiko

"Actually the Matches were put forward..." piped in Zak'ryon "so it wasn't your fault"

"Anyway you're here now...so it doesn't matter" Angel added with a smile "come on sit down...let's get comfy"

All the team took their seats "So then...nice to see you all this morning" said Zak'ryon "did you have a nice flight? Most of you anyway"

"What are you implying?" asked Katsia frowning

"Now, now...no fighting" said Aeron ushering Katsia down "I think there's enough fighting involved...let's not add on"

"Speaking of fights...who's to be fighting who?" asked Saku to which Angel went to her OSCOM

"Display the match-ups please" upon asking a rather small projection of a two columns of fighters listed "Here we are"

Angel turned her wrist to let the others see "So...Angel is due to fight...third?" said Emiko "against someone called Orion"

"That's why I was getting worried...you were cutting it close" said Angel

"While I am to fight in the sixth match" said Aeron "My opponent being called Vetrix...though I can only wonder what abilities he...or she will employ"

"I think it is a he?" said Emiko a little unsure "the name doesn't seem to help much"

"We can only find out when he...or she make him/herself known" said Saku

"That's a mouthful..." Angel said laughing

"Is Lady Zarla late also?" asked Aeron "I don't sense her presence"

"Nope we've got mister personality here today" replied Zak'ryon pointing "Go and have a look for yourself"

On the Overseer podium was Solum, on his own, watching on the battle below with arms crossed "Does that guy only know how to brood?" Saku said a little annoyed "He always seems to look bored doesn't he?"

"I do wonder what he does to break the boredom" Angel added "or does he make that face 24:7?"

"You never know...he might've been born with that face" Katsia joked before a loud boom echoed