Arc 3 - Chapter 35: Concerning Expressions

The First day of the match was over and while Saku was going through some light sparring practise with Aeron and Emiko. Saku was evading Aeron's attacks and fending off hers, while attempting to go around and strike her to which she would dance and evade while Emiko launched torrents of flame and water which Saku dodged or countered with his own power. 

On the sideline Sukura was watching while Angel was practising with Leyla but more encouraging her "Leyla come on...you've got to be faster than that"

"I'm trying Angel" she said with jet-pack equipped and armourments as she tried to fire a lightning beam but Angel used her power of wind to deflect it away and counter with a gust of wind knocking Leyla to the floor "Ahh...ahh..."

"Shall we take a break?"

"No, No I can...keep going"

On the sidelines watching was Sukura who notably watched with a happy and semi-proud smile "Comradeship is so rare nowadays...it's being a while since I've seen so many species share a goal together"

"It helps...when they have one uniting them together" said Zarla who just entered from the side "Saku's open will has brought them together, but you are right it's not often you see a wide spread of alien beings in one circle" she then added jokingly "Present company included"

"I was wondering when you'd add that"

"So what brings you here? I've noticed recently...you've been...showing up quite a bit around Saku and friends lately"

"You've noticed have you? Well...Saku, simply, has my interest. There's a power he seems to possess, and not the obvious, that I wish to see nurture and grow"

"And what's this power?" Sukura just put a finger to his nose "Really?"

"It'll spoil the surprise" Zarla sighed

"Why is despite the fact of my age, I still feel like I'm being scolded by my elders when I'm around you"

"Your imagination" Zarla chuckled to herself and clapped to the others.

The group stopped "Right then guy and girls...I think that'll do for the day" said Zarla beckoning them over "You don't want to overwork anything, so I suggest wrapping up for the day"

"Then shall we gather together for a meal?" asked Aeron with her hands together "We could all have one together"

"I second that idea" said Angel "Lady Zarla you could join us, you too Sukura if you wanted"

"Oh I get an invitation?" asked Sukura chuckling heartily "Thank you but I must decline I have a dinner date already, not saying with who"

"As for me...I'd actually like to join you for once" said Zarla "I can bring my own dessert. While I can cook...it's basics at best"

"Then why don't we meet in Saku's room?" asked Emiko before remembering "Oh wait Katsia is with Solum still, training"

"I'll go get her" said Saku "I still feel a bit itchy and need to burn off some energy. You'll be alright Emiko, that OSCOM of yours should get you in" Emiko looked to her red one and nodded

"Saku can...I come with you?" asked Leyla coming to him

"Sure, no problems there. Right see you later folks" and with that they all set off.