Arc 2 - Chapter 2: Eventual Acceptance

It was the last day before the Holiday event and the day before Saku would set off to Polaris...or two days depending on departure time. Saku was relaxing as he just walked among the Omega Space-station, for once mostly on his own. Minus Leyla who was beside him, Angel and Emiko decided to do some shopping with Katsia and Aeron.

Saku went to his Oscom, dressed in only grey pants and a black jacket with a red hood "let's see the checklist then. So I'll need some clothes, some...deodorant, if they sell any here, snack-stuff...and a camera?"

"Is that...what you need for your trip?" asked Leyla

"The clothes I need, I have a bad habit of ruining any clothes I get, but the other's Katsia put on my list. She said either get them or no go"

"I...I see" Leyla said "Well...there's a shop up ahead you can buy clothes from, and they take it to your room"

"Why...have you tried it?"

"N...No, it's just...what Simon told me"

"I see. While I'm there...why don't you look for any clothes?"

Leyla flinched a little seeming anxious "Am...I alright to get some?"

"Why do you need permission to buy clothes?" asked Saku a bit perplexed "It's up to you what you wish to buy you know"

"Well...I've been told not to waste any money by Yvonne and the others"

"While I will agree you shouldn't burn any money on unnecessary things...you do need buy things every now and again. Look we'll go have a browse through and see what they have. If you see anything you like just get it. I mean nothing wrong with buying a t-shirt, dress, skirt or pants every now and then"

"But...umm...where do I send it?"

"What do you mean? You send it to your..." Saku was going to say 'home' but felt a bit odd saying it "Just ask them to send it to my address, or Angel's if I'm not in by the time they send it"

"Oh...okay" Saku saw a small smile and even a chuckle come from Leyla

"Am I missing something here...or what?" Saku said to himself

Saku with Leyla looked through the clothes, Saku noting Leyla looking through with some wonder. She was a bit anxious at first but with some egging on, she started picking out some stuff. As they finished, they came out Leyla looking somewhat chipper with herself "You seemed to enjoy that didn't you?" asked Saku "Can I ask one thing...just one thing?"

"What's that?" asked Leyla

"When you were with Simon and his merry men, what exactly did you do for fun?" Leyla went somewhat quiet

"Well...we played board games, and stuff like that but...we didn't go out too often"

"I can...see that. Well then I still need some snack foods and smelly spray"

"Shall we...go look?"

"Come on then"

An hour passed and duo sampled the local stores. Saku had bought himself some snack-foods in chocolate and purple buns (Or what he assumed were buns) with Chocoberry cartons. He put it all in his blue and black backpack he decided to put it all in. As for Leyla she got a similar backpack but over one shoulder and of purple. She likewise bought some chocoberry and a few books, for amusement and fiction.