Arc 3 - Chapter 27: The Layers Broken

Emiko continued air-lifting Saku through the hallways, going somewhat slowly. Saku was more or less dragged as his beaten, battered and blood stained body wasn't in any good condition as he painfully panted, gritting his teeth "We would go faster" said Angel "but with him so weak...he's got no grip on us. Emiko how are you holding?"

"Tired but alright" said Emiko looking down in worry as Saku looked half-asleep "Saku..." it was then suddenly Saku got lighter as Sukura appeared and put Saku on his back "Sukura?"

"I caught you up...good" he said in relief "the kidnappers have been apprehended and came to aid you"

"Right let's hustle back" said Angel flying faster with Emiko while Sukura ran behind them "Sukura...what happened?"

"It's...a long story" said Sukura "but to simplify it. The darkness in Saku...was enforced by the Emperor who it seemed was trying to guide Saku towards an intended path"

The girls listened as they turned and flew "We don't know all the facts" said Sukura "for the information wasn't complete...and honestly even I can't fully believe what transpired today"

"Hey...I just noted his hair it's...all blue again" said Angel patting his head "completely blue not a speck of red left"

"I can tell you...the darkness has lifted, obviously not completely as with most people, but the main driving force of his anger has evaporated"

"Does that mean...Saku will be normal?" asked Emiko

"We'll soon see won't we?" it was then he smiled to himself "don't be afraid Saku, walk out...and feel the light for the first time" 

The rest had an eager wait, Zak'ryon for once sticking around with Zarla who was being checked over by Leyla "Well what's the diagnosis doctor?" asked Zarla teasingly with Leyla scanning her with her visor

"Your body is quite stressed...as the illness hasn't left" said Leyla "but I don't sense anything too serious or injuries. Just take it easy and take some medicine"

"I will indeed" Katsia saw Zak'ryon was being notably quiet looking at his hand

"What's eating you?" asked Katsia

"What I saw in here...I've never seen anything like it" he said honestly "The darkness of a person, gaining a persona of its own. I've seen many a people give in to their angers, their persona altered...but never one becoming a persona of its anger" 

Zak'ryon generated a sort of dark blob in his hand "It...boggles the mind, and it really shows that Darkness is still way beyond my understanding"

"I think that's true for most things" said Katsia "Many of us claim to understand someone, a concept or feeling...only for our perspectives shown to be young and naïve"

"You...make a point" Zak'ryon thought to himself and his recent encounters "It now makes me wonder...if the Saku we've been interacting with was the true one, or one swayed by his inner darkness"

"I too ponder that outcome" said Aeron "but the words spoken of his repressed persona...coincides with Saku's strange behaviour today. Saku and that demon persona must've been clashing, one ideal duelling the next which resulted in why he lost so much focus and... (SHUSH) friends you've arrived" 

They all turned to Angel and Emiko – the latter tired – while Sukura came in with a semi-conscious Saku on his back, his face hung forward "Saku!" said an alarmed Zarla "Aeron and Katsia, prepare a sleeping place for him on the sofa, Angel help me to rest him down" Aeron lined some cushions for comfort, one asking as his head pillow while Saku was laid down...breathing some pained breath.