Chapter 36: Conflictions

It was now only three days from the Second Round of the Grand Celestia. Many were training, working out strategies or just relaxing. For Saku it was a meeting he was attending too. He had received a message from Shais, earlier in the morning, telling him to come meet him, and as of now travelled with Emiko and oddly Zarla whom he had bumped into on the way.

Saku was wearing a dark-blue t-shirt with a white lightning bolt through it, black jogging bottoms and a red unzipped jacket. Zarla had her hair loose but had a modest white bow in her hair and a slightly altered outfit. It was the same in appearance, still dark blue and covering her whole torso, but the end of the sleeves were fitted this time. The stripes along her sleeves and the two thin stripes down her side were now white instead of red. Under her dress she now wore brown leggings which went into a pair of tanned shoes.

Zarla was inquiring about the story of the 'Great Escape' which Saku spoke about on the Black Planet "so...your world was involved in a world war? And your enemy kept some of your allies in this camp? Why is that?"

"We were forced to pay for their upkeep" said Saku "If we didn't...well our allies couldn't be looked after. The prisoners were treated fairly, to an extent as the story goes, but they had very strict rules"

"What kind of rules?" asked Emiko

"Like a curfew of 8PM, they weren't allowed in particular places without permits or privileges, they couldn't even smoke or play games unless they were allowed too and so on.  If they didn't follow the rules they were harshly treated"

"So...how did this story end?" asked Zarla "I mean judging by the title they must have got out?"

Saku rubbed his head as he folded one arm "If I recall...the prisoners created three underground tunnels on rails. They lowered themselves on trolleys and using rope pulled themselves along to the end, and dug a tunnel upwards hoping it came up outside the compound. They had built three tunnels with small shovels and spoons then once done made their escape"

"So...they all managed to escape?" said Emiko

"Sadly no. Two of the tunnels were compromised, as in the enemy found out about them, but the third was fine however that one had a problem. And even those that did escape were in enemy country and man-hunted but some managed to make it back home"

Zarla looked quite intrigued "That is a very interesting story, I'll have to see if I can order it in to the space-station"

"So where are you going Lady Empress?" asked Emiko

"I'm on my way to the market to buy some supplies. I like buying the odd treat now and then, as well as looking round"

"I've only glanced at the wares that are sold at this station"

"Well if you want you could come with me? We can look through together"

"It's okay if you want to go Emiko" said Saku quickly "you don't have to stay with me"

"Oh I can?" said Emiko at first confused but then happy "Thank you...I would like to go"

Zarla folded her arms "You responded awfully quickly there. Were you letting Emiko know she can decide for herself?"

"Bonded we may be" said Saku "It doesn't mean that we have to be chained to each other. We are both people of free will and can decide how we want. And if we have a problem we discuss it"

"You really...think that Saku?" said Emiko with her hands together

"Yeah I do. If there's anything you want or like to discuss...you've got a mouth to use"