Chapter 56: A Fortune from Nine?

Saku continued recalling his vision, remember how he breathed out in aggravation and narrated the rest of his story "As I said I was annoyed...more so that Ozway called it a day and walked away. In annoyance, and anger, I summoned all my power at once and fired the largest beam I could muster at Ozway with his back turned"

"And...what happened?" inquired Angel

"The beam didn't even hit Ozway...instead it was split-apart. It was as if it just bounced off him"

"That's...rather bad" said Zak'ryon

"It was made worse by the refracted beams...destroying large parts of the area we were in. And Ozway just walked on, itched his back as if it just tickled, while large chunks of the area fell round him. "

Angel looked quite grim "Just to make sure...you were at good condition weren't you?"

"Give or take...yeah" said Saku "As if I did an twenty-minute jog"

"And you fired a beam at full power? Or least the best you could...and he didn't even flinch"

"I know your level of experience is greater now" said Aeron "than it was when you trained with the Emperor...but still"

"Was it then you realised the level difference?" asked Zak'ryon but Saku shook his head

"Don't get me wrong" said Saku firmly "that was when I realised the leagues between us...but it was what he did after that I realised how much"

Zarla herself looked intrigued by his comment "I know, coming from me this is strange, but what did Ozway do? I mean I know most of his power after all" he glanced back me and first gestured me onwards saying"

"Come along Saku...it's time for lunch"

"It was just casual, like an easy-going tone, and with me in slight shock I just followed. As I approached him Ozway, only with his head turned said"

"Oh look at this stadium. I don't remember it being such a mess. Just give me a moment"

"In Ozway's hand he produced an energy, of dark violet...no bigger than this" Saku generated an energy ball no bigger than a tennis ball "And shot it past me"

Saku took a breath in "As it whizzed past me, I felt for an instant a sharp chill shot through my spine. And then for a moment silence, no noise just a light ring in the air"

"No sound?" said Emiko "And what next?"

"Do you remember...the damage I did...in my divine shell state? That is to the stadium? For where we trained was roughly the size of a stadium"

"Where are you going with this?" asked Zak'ryon before it clicked "Wait...are you telling me Ozway did the same amount of damage you did?"

Zak'ryon looked a bit unnerved as he got up "Look I know the Emperor is strong...but that divine shell of yours was...amazing to say the least. So are you saying from an energy blast, that small, he caused the same amount of destruction?"

"From what I recall...I destroyed the stadium floor" said Saku avoiding the question "And left the stadium cracked but intact"

"Yessss...but come on, did the Emperor leave the same path of damage you caused?" everyone looked at Saku

"No...of course not" Zak'ryon sighed in relief and sat back down

"I thought as much. I told you so" while the anxiety slightly calmed Zarla could tell by Saku's downward gaze...that he was leaving out all the details.