Chapter 73: A Glimpse of New Sights

It wasn't a bright day, for cloud did mostly cover the sky, but the rain looked to have let up. The remnants of the rain though remained from the soaked ground and trees, to the droplets of moisture falling from leaves. Aeron looked round "It appears the rain has finally lifted"

"Which means...your wings won't be weighed down" said Leyla looking at them with some wonder in her wings, which Aeron noted as she flexed out a wing

"You can...feel them if you wish" Leyla immediately flinched and flushed "Its okay...no need to be shy"

"Maybe...maybe...later" she said meekly

"What about you Saku? Have you wondered what my wings feel like?" Saku was rather surprised by her question

"I guess. It just...I thought it'd be rude to ask. I didn't know...whether culturally" he shook his head "It doesn't matter. Come on let's get moving" with his tuners he shifted his Seraphim form, his outfit shifting and wings sprouting from his back.

Leyla stepped back from Saku's sudden change "Saku...you've grown wings!? Are they real?" Saku flexed them in and out

"As real as can be" said Saku "I'm still finding it weird myself"

"Well Saku...remember how to take off?" said Aeron "Just be careful when above the trees, the wind will be no longer be hampered by the over growth"

"Just...help me out if I get into trouble...if you can"  

"Of course"

"Thanks. Then here we go" Saku jumped and soared into the air. Aeron took off after him, with Leyla third. Saku soared right above the trees, free from the tightness of the forest...to see the world for what it was.

(Play the Music Track here to help the mood and stop at END)

As he hovered in the air, Aeron and Leyla joining in, Saku just stopped...looking honoured by the world he saw. Saku looked out to the world, with open eyes and an open mouth, at the land...from above. Greenery and forest scoured the land, glistening in the light from the dewy rain left before. The shadows of the cloud glided along the landscape, flying creatures went through the air and the quiet cries from audience members at the stadiums from afar.

Aeron saw Saku's reaction, or expression, and felt amused "You seem...to appreciate the view it seems. Since ou're actually hovering on instinct, does this sight wonder you so?"

"Yeah...it does" said Saku honestly "I know I've flown over the trees once before...but something about this time feels different" Saku turned round in place "I just feel...humbled by this view. The sun poking through clouds, the creatures flying in the distance and the world dimmed and brightened by the hiding-and-seeking sun"

"It does...look nice" said Leyla looking to distance "So which way to the stadium Saku?

"Let's see" Saku held out his glove a blue light showing in the air to the North-west "This way...let's go"

The trio flew through the air, Saku though still continuing to marvel the sights. It was then a strong wind was blowing upon them, making him stagger in the air "Try not to fight the wind Saku" said Aeron "Feel it out...and ride it out" with her words an instinct kicked in, and Saku slightly tilted and straightened his wings, the wind lifting him high into the air