Chapter 90: Embers of Darkness

Saku ran towards the stadium ground, the clash of combat and cheers of onlookers heightened in volume. Emerging into the light, he witnessed the winged fighters clashing with spear and lance and then down to the stands to see where his friends were...eventually finding them all watching the crowd. He saw he was a fair distance away, and ran along the outside before going to the nearest flight of stairs.

As he came down Aeron, who was sat on the end, heard his footsteps and  turned "Oh...Saku! Thank goodness!" Aeron immediately shot up everyone turning as she put her hands on Saku "You've returned...and you're unharmed"

"Saku...you're alright!" said Emiko smiling

"And the prodigal sun returns" Zak'ryon said with a snark remark as laid back "now the law of the world can return to normal again" he received a sharp bump from Katsia "Ow!"

"Less of that attitude please" said Katsia with her hair making a sort of wagging finger action

"Are you okay?" Angel asked "You're not hurt are you? I know Lady Zarla said so...but"

"No...No I'm fine" Saku said not very confident in his tone "I wasn't hurt...but it wasn't entirely pleasant"

Saku felt his chest, Aeron seeing his fingers almost clutching at it "I'm still not sure what at all happened...but I felt some great pain, of someone else"

"You...could sense another's torment?" asked Aeron

"It was more like...I was reacting to it and as I said...it wasn't pleasant" his voice broke a little "It was...anything but" as his face fell, Emiko feeling a prickle to her own chest in response, Saku felt a sort of comfort envelop him with some shade. Two hands delicately gripped his shoulders with Aeron's soothing voice almost gliding in the air

"Saku...its okay now...you needn't fear anymore" just as he looked up...he saw Aeron right before him, with her forehead on his.

Saku, to say the least, to have Aeron – a girl – right before him came with some awkwardness "Right. There's a girl, a good looking one, right in my face and...I'm not freaking out about it"

"Rest your fears...allay your worries" Aeron said as if reciting a text "and allow your strength to stoke the embers of courage...to rise you from the darkness" Saku felt stranger still for he felt no chill of Aeron being close to him but instead...familiarity

"Aries...why is it...she reminds me of you?" as Aeron came away, she saw Saku a little brighter or more calm

"It seems...I was able to soothe your worries or at least ease them down"

"Whatever you did...it worked. So thank you"

"Now it has been resolved...you can step away now" said Katsia looking a tad perturbed "I mean...don't you feel it odd to be in close-proximity to that of a girl?"

Saku looked up to Aeron, down to her feet, then back up to her, then to Katsia "Can I say no...not really"

"What's the matter with you...jealous?" asked Angel crossing her arms as Aeron took her seat and Saku on the end next to Emiko "Besides there was nothing in-decent going on"

"That I'll vouch for" said Zak'ryon "Not every meeting between opposite genders is sexual you know" Katsia turned red and went defensive

"Where did that come from? I was thinking of no such thing"