Arc 3 - Chapter 19: The New Incentive Part 1

It was now time as Saku stepped out towards the arena, waiting to be called as Ken put on his show "Ladies and Gentlemen...it's time for the VIP fight" said Ken "I've been waiting for this...and so have you! Many of you will know this fighter but just to be sure. This young man is a human...a cousin species to the Terran"

"And in a weird way the Polarans" said Saku to himself

"And he's from a very backwater planet – no insult intended – Planet Earth of the Milky Way Galaxy in the NE Zeta Quadrant. We all, me included, assumed he be gone...but through literal sheer will, and maybe luck who knows, he stands before us today with power unlike any seen prior. So let's give him a warm welcome"

"That's my cue" Saku stepped into the Arena

"And here he is...Saku Stritos" 

Saku looked round and heard the applause and cheers. Saku was a bit...anxious to the sound as he spun round and looked "You alright?" asked Ken "You look uneasy"

"Not used to cheers that's all" said Saku "it's kinda new"

"You'll get used to it" Ken snapped his fingers to which the entrances closed "Now then hear the rules...the first one to fall loses. Saku does still win a prize for lasting longer than 15 minutes of course"

"Sounds simple"

"But...I forgot to say this, I've prepared one special surprise for this fight"

"Huh, you have?" he wagged the index finger of his right hands

"All will be revealed...all I'll say is this...it'll make sure you fight your best" 

Ken folded his lower arms, flexing his upper ones while Saku did the same "Now from what I understand...you took some bad damage to that arm right? Can it work?"

"We'll see won't we" said Saku as Ken walked over, towering over Saku by a couple foot and opened a hand to him

"Go ahead...punch it with that arm" Saku tilted his head "Go on...hard" Saku saw no real reason to deny and punched Ken's hand quite hard "Any pain?"

"Not really" he said clenching his hand

"Then we're good" Ken jumped back, clearing 15ft "just had to be sure. Now note there's no limit to time. If you're down for more than 10 counts, you lose"

"Alright then"

"Then count us down Wazoo"

The blue Wazoo called out "Well guys are you READY!? The fight...will now begin!" Saku immediately got into a fighting pose, Ken the same though with only his upper arms, his lower ones remaining folded. Saku keeps poised, in pose as Ken stands flexing his legs...neither one truly moving. The Audience sat on the edge of their seats 

"Why is he, just standing there?" asked Angel "Saku would've charged in by now"

"Saku...is going to be taking this very cautiously" said Shais "well from the outset it seems. Compared to a normal opponent...in which Saku tests the water, this time he knows this opponent is strong. Or assumes he's strong"

"So...it's about who takes the first shot"

"Be careful Saku" said Leyla worriedly