Chapter 75: Wondering of Possibilities

Saku was taking a much needed rest, having just finished his training session with Zarla. With rather surprising new power, he was able to push himself and Zarla much further forcing her to tap into more of her power. But just as Zarla was about to go beyond half her power capacity...Saku gave in.

Saku was sat down, Zarla next to him, as his friends came forward "That was splendid battle to watch" said Emiko holding her hands "You are both moving so fast, and with spectacular powers"

"And you Saku..." said Emiko "you were actually keeping up with the Empress of this Tournament. You were amazing...especially that X-Beam you used even from when you got struck away"

"I think...your exaggerating somewhat" Saku said still mildly panting

"Don't sell yourself Saku" said Aeron "The progress of improvement from your 1st bout with Lady Zarla...is staggering. If you were to fight the Saku from back then...I estimate you beat him and still have at least half of your stamina left"

"I'd have to agree with Aeron" said Zarla "I too am surprised by how much you actually improved and honestly...I was thoroughly beginning to enjoy it"

Zarla looked actually brimming with excitement "It's been a while since I've felt the rush of adrenaline rush through my veins...from a friendly fight"

"From a...friendly fight?" Saku repeated

"You know...a fight purely for the sport of it"

"I...know what you mean. Still...I'm just as surprised, I've no idea where that power came from? And now I'm sure of it, I can...or beginning to sense people's movements"

"Wait...you could actually see Zarla moving?" asked Angel "I seriously thought you were guessing"

"I couldn't see at first...but then I felt this little tingle in my head, directing me to what she doing. As I focused...my eyes and ears slowly picked up, until I saw glimpses of her dashing around me. Only...I'm not sure how I did that"

Zarla patted his shoulder "Don't think too much on it...consider a blessing not a curse. Plus compared to most fighters thus far...you've pushed your body way beyond the limit, so it only makes sense you don't walk away unchanged"

"Lady Zarla makes a valid point" said Aeron "All improvement comes from pushing one's body to its limits"

"Maybe...it was that thing you mentioned before" said Leyla having just joined and everyone turning to her "you told me...there's something else needed...besides one's effort to become strong"

"Yeah...I did" said Saku looking at his hand "and it seems...I can now believe it "

Aeron looked rather curious "you've found a new means...of becoming stronger?"

"Maybe more...discovered for myself is the right way to put it" said Saku "there's no real need to tell you...you've already got the means yourself"

"We do?" said Angel with a finger to her cheek "Could you tell us?"

"That's something...you'll have to discover on your own" said Zarla with a sly smile "If I know what Saku is on about that is"

"Then we'd best leave it" said Emiko "and with it we're done for the day"

Zarla got to her feet, and helped Saku up too "Well then...why don't you all retire to a room for the day? Or just do some light activity?"