Chapter 8: Beckoning of Forbidden Power

The first match of a tournament for most is the most unpredictable one. Newcomers are often surprised by new talent, abilities or sometime personalities of the opponents that they see. For Saku this was indeed true, as he was surprised...in more ways than one for his own partner, Alpha, has betrayed him and Alpha stands with his former opponents as team-mates, him against a team of four.

Saku now stands very wobbly on his feet, having just taken a fierce attack, against the colourful group "Well Saku, I'll give you some credit" said Alpha "We don't often use the fuurinkazan destroyer and it's even more unlikely that one normally stands up after that"

"I wouldn't call that standing boss" said Beta to Alpha "his legs are like jelly"

"I think we can chalk this up as a win" said Gamma "I doubt he can even fight anymore"

"Well Saku...we'll give you the option" said Alpha "Give up and walk away"

"Only if you answer my question" said Saku finding to make some sense "what do you gain out of this Alpha? I mean you all can't win, you'll still have to fight each other"

"That's where you're wrong"

Alpha stepped a little forward "You see although we are of four different races our planets have forged partnerships, in order for it to be considered one collective. So the only way we can lose, is if we all lose" Saku could only curse himself "So I've answered your question, now you answer mine. Do you surrender?"

"No...No I don't" said Saku preparing himself with a grim demeanour "I'll take you all on if I have to"

"A point for guts" said Beta "but that's it. Time to resume"

"Everyone...charge" said Alpha "to which all four moved at once.

Shais with Angel and Katsia could only watch as Saku now fended off all four of them. He had to block punches and kicks from all four directions while also avoiding all the elements the coloured group had at their disposal. Shais sighed and then spoke "Alpha the red warrior of fire, Zeta the green warrior of earth, Gamma the purple warrior of wind and Beta the blue warrior of water. Together they make a formidable team"

"How can this even be fair?" said Katsia "Surely the emperor should stop this fight"

"Why...they aren't breaking any rules? There aren't any rules forbidding partners back-stabbing each other. Because no-one's ever low enough to do it"

Shais looked round at some of the disgusted faces of the audience "it seems many share my view of this farce of a duel"

"Can I ask what did Alpha mean about those partnerships?" asked Angel. Shais paused as he saw Saku now taking several punches and kicks before being sent into a pillar

"From what I gather these guys have a nice cushy deal on their homeworlds. Their homeworlds have become one collective, meaning all four represent one home. So while they lose some standing if one loses, only should all four be defeated...can they technically be kicked out of the competition"

"That's lower than low" said Katsia clearly not happy "and now Saku is up against a fight he has no hope of winning"

Shais looked up at the podium and spied the expressions of the overseers. Ken naturally is enjoying the fight while Solum and Quercus are clearly unhappy. Empress more than worried...but Ozway still looks confident. Why is that?  the sound of a loud smash directed him to Saku once again face down in the dirt. Is there a power he's holding back?